Last release that supports wifi devices?

What is the last version of the Hubitat OS that I can run on a C7 that allows me to add wifi devices? I looks like 2.3 has limited adding devices to only Zigbee, Z-Wave, and their built-in supported devices. I have wifi bulbs and other devices that I use with custom drivers that I can no longer add. Since this core feature has disappeared, whatever the last version that allowed adding wifi devices will be my last before I replace my Hubitat with something more open and friendly to the tinkerers out there. Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge, there has not been any changes in 2.3.x that limits the ability to connect the Hubitat hub to LAN/WiFi connected devices.

What specific brand/model of devices are you trying to connect? Most LAN/WiFi devices are added by using an Integration App (like the one for LIFX, Lutron, Sonos, Ecobee, etc...) Some devices are connected by adding a 'virtual' device with a specific driver type that allows one to specify the IP Address of the network attached device.

6 Likes

You have never had the ability to add WiFi devices directly to Hubitat. The option that was there before (iirc) simply directed you to install the app that the WiFi device uses, and then use a driver/app on Hubitat to talk to that other app or devices through an open API. Nothing has changed in that reguard, just don't have the button that did nothing anyway.

3 Likes

So, it looks like they put it under the "Virtual Device" option... where they now have "Virtual", "System", and "User" groups. I never added a virtual device that physically existed, I've only ever created virtual buttons and switches to interact with my alarm system and stuff. Maybe "Virtual" should be changed to "Other" on that button.

1 Like

The bulbs are old MagicLight bulbs that I use this driver for: [Release] Magic Home Wifi (Drivers) + MagicHome Manager (App)
There is just driver code, no app code, and in my initial digging I didn't find a way of adding any of my additional bulbs. After poking at "Virtual" I found the drivers.

1 Like

The OP of that thread does explain that device setup requires the creation of virtual devices.

3 Likes