Last Activity At

Slightly off topic as the OP was for incorporating Last Activity change ability in all Zigbee device drivers, but . . . I am using Device Watchdog along with Hub Information driver to monitor whether my Zigbee devices are online. Since some of my devices (Sengled Zigbee Plug-in Outlets) did not report Last Updated changes unless they were turned on or off, I found that by using a RM rule that sent a Configure command thru the Custom Actions Actuator command each hour would change the Last Activity status whereas a Refresh did not appear to do so. If the Last Activity data is not within a set time (in my use case two cycles of the Configure schedule, then I receive a notice that the device is offline. The reason why I could not simply periodically recycle my devices on and off to check is that some of them trigger other alerts/sirens etc.

Again, sorry if this was slightly off topic from the OP. I just thought this might help some to get around some of the limitations in some of the drivers (given @chad.andrews comments regarding the Device Watchdog app).

@moh I think it's on topic, The Configure button in my situation doesn't work either to up date the last activity. This specifically with the Generic ZWave Plus Switch Driver in my case. I'll get a refresh called in the middle of the night, it's refreshed and it shows up in the logs that it's doing what it supposed to. But the Last Activity is days before that, if I haven't used the switch (actual send event). This is from one of the staff members, which makes me believe this is suppose to update as we expect it to. So I am not sure why it isn't. The guys who would know this are @bcopeland @mike.maxwell @bobbyD and they could already be looking into it.

1 Like

Hi @chad.andrews,
Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware that the Configure button was not refreshing the Last Activity on devices using the Generic Z-Wave Plus Switch Driver. This is useful information and I will need to check this out on my Ecolink Z-wave Plus Firefighter device.

My only experience so far was using this method to get around the Generic Zigbee Outlet Driver limitations in my use case and the OP mentioned they were having problems with Zigbee devices.

As you stated, hopefully @bcopeland @mike.maxwell and @bobbyD are looking into this. Thanks for the info.