All, I ordered the following off Amazon years ago. It was working perfectly fine on my Smartthings hub prior to be moving over to Hubitat (C-8 hub).
- Amazon link : https://a.co/d/aUWz9Dv
- Kwikset link (I think) : Satin Nickel Signature Series Deadbolt (Square) with Home Connect with Z-Wave Technology | Kwikset
Everything works except for the fact that it doesn't auto-refresh the status. It never refreshes if I manually unlock/lock. It sometimes refreshes when I use the app to unlock/lock (more reliable when I do it in Dashboard & not in the "devices" portion of the interface).
As a workaround, I made rules that request a refresh of the status when the door opens, the lock changes at all, and then every hour on the hour. I saw someone say they made "An app that will create virtual locks that 'wrap' your physical lock devices, making them more reliable.". But I basically did the same thing with Rules.
- Their app: GitHub - joelwetzel/Hubitat-Reliable-Locks: An app that will create virtual locks that 'wrap' your physical lock devices, making them more reliable.
I know we are told to use the Driver "Generic Z-Wave Lock" (as per Hubitat's own documentation), but has anyone had better luck with a custom driver? When I was on Smartthings, I used a custom driver and didn't need extra apps/rules. I honestly can't find the DTH I was using before, though...
Possible DTHs :
- SmartThingsPublic/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-lock.src/zwave-lock.groovy at master · SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic · GitHub
- Kwikset/devicetypes/ethayer/zwave-lock-reporting.src/zwave-lock-reporting.groovy at master · ndamix/Kwikset · GitHub
Has anyone got the same lock to auto-refresh or is using a custom driver/app that works better? Should I use continue to use rules or go to the "Hubitat Reliable Locks" App?
If I can't get this to work reliably, I'm just going to either Danalock or August. Due to HOA policy, the outside portion of the lock cannot change. Appreciate the help!