Kwickset 916 Deadbolt Lock Opinions

Can I get a quick read on folks experiences with the Kwickset 916 deadbolt lock. Thanks.

Recommended reading:
Kwikset 916 z-wave
Need help getting my kwikset 916 to pair
Does anyone have a kwikset 916?
Kwikset 916 vs Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro

I will say, I bought two of these based on review summaries and decent feedback here. They were both returned before installation. If you dig through the Amazon reviews, you'll find a pretty consistent complaint about the glass cracking if the lock is somewhere that gets a lot of sun. That was a deal breaker for me. May not be a problem for you though.

1 Like

Thanks for the links. I saw them and they were a bit dated. A great thing about the HE world is that new drivers and hub upgrades are always appearing. The downside is that problems in 2020 may no longer be problems. Was hoping to get the most up-to-date skinny.

1 Like

Thanks. Good to know.

I just put in a zigbee 916 last week, but it has been rock solid.

1 Like

I have the Kwikset 916 Z-Wave model for over 8 years. This lock has been rock solid from it's connection which started in the beginning with ST and then 4+ years connected to HE.

The 916 lock is about 10' from the C7 Hub which might also be a reason why I never have issues with the connection. Externally it is covered from any rain and sun.

I also have a Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave - Smart Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt on our sunroom door which is also rock solid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.