Konnected Temp Probes

Hello everyone, have been trying to get the temp probes working for a couple of days now. I have the Konnected board enrolled and connected, i have three inputs for temp probes the others for alarm points, the alarm points work fine, they show up in devices and all good there.

I added the temp probe driver and verified thats there and have triple checked the wiring to the probes, verified with a meter that 5 volts is present and can see the voltage on the input at about 3.2 VDC which considering the 4,7 K resistor is about right.

No matter what i have tried i cant get the probes to show up in devices. I have asked for help from the Konnected folks but no resolution yet from them.

Anyone have any ideas or have run across this before

I have no idea if this will help, but I have the Fibaro Smart Implant Z-Wave device with three 1-wire sensors. It won't register the devices if you don't include the device with the three temp sensors attached. first. I wonder if this couldn't be similar with your setup? Maybe power cycle the board, or something, so the probes get registered?

in the Konnected (connect app) click on your connected board, click next at the bottom on the zone setup page make sure you've got the zone setup as Temperature probe

All, with the help of Konnected i got through this.
First mistake was I set up 3 probes on individual inputs, they should have all been on one input with one resistor as each probe has its own internal address

Doing this it hosed up something in the Konnected app in the hub, so once i moved the probes to one input and then rebooted the hub they all magically appeared as advertised and seem to be working.

2 Likes

awesome, glad you were able to figure it out, I've got just 1 temp/humidity sensor I'm using so I really had no idea what to do just trying the things I overlooked when I setup my system a couple years ago

It's kinda magical the way the 1-wires probes work.

I will be intested to see how you get on with this. You only have 3 on a zone so maybe that's my issue as I have 5.

Basically after 24 hours they stop reporting in. Please keep a eye out and let me know how you get on. :+1:t2:

I wonder if this is a voltage issue.

I had a similar experience with fibaro. Spot on with konnected and a low number of probes.

Because the boards are cheap as hell, I have no issue using a few probes per board now as opposed to one fibaro plus multiple sensors/distance.

Just an update, i have all three wired and working for a few days now, seen stable so far although they are a little of temp. All three are just dangling in the air waiting for me to do the final install into the pumps and the are about a degree different between one to another, not enough to matter for what i am doing buts its noticable

Mine have stopped reporting in again. Will drop it to 3 and see if it improves.

hi are they still checking in and reporting?

Yes they are, i have been using this every day to control the heaters on the my spa and pool..

I have been using the DS18B20 sensors with Konnected for years, but have never gone above three per connection, just based on need. Never had a problem, but it seems you should be able to add more. But, you should be able to add multiple groups to each board, just that each group needs its own pull up resistor. I have one setup like that, where 2 sensors are run far from the board via CAT5 cabling, and another three are wired close to the board with no additional wiring.

Another option is the Fibaro Implant - I have a few of these, and while it only has one input for the DS18B20 sensors, it is documented that you can add up to 6 sensors to it - and you do not need a pull up resistor.

I have one running 3 DS18B20 sensors.

This is what i originally had but the old model and they started to play up on the C-7. now the contacts are much more reliable but the temperature sensors are flaky at best.

I did have 2 working on there own zone and now that has stopped as well.

I have the new model and it's been working well so far.

yes new model is more compliant the UBS was not, managed to flog them though so that was a plus.