Konnected IO....taking the plunge this weekend...any advice?

Mac don't know if you've heard Konnected coming out with updated versions and have pre ordering saving. Reason why I mention is they have a 60day return per Nate of konnected so if your within that time frame you may want to return and upgrade. Just a thought.
Tony

I didn't know that. to be honest - i was thinking of sending them back and getting the piggy back version. I haven't found a good solution to arming and disarming. I bought some iris key pads but don't really like it. And the key pad on a tablet can work but isn't a native option. I do want all my windows and doors on however so it's piggy back as the best option i think.
Cheers
Mac

Mac, the piggyback or as konnected calls it Konnected interface is the one I have and was trying to tell you to get because you keep your old keypads working PLUS you can use the iris keypads to ALSO turn the system off and on and is also what I use. Just to fill you in with the new Konnected products. If you go to their website, click on the pre order products. Now with the interface model you need to purchase BOTH the konnected alarm panel INTERFACE kit for $29.00 AND the konnected alarm panel 2 wired system conversion kit for $89. A ribbon attaches both together. So in affect you have a choice if you decide you want to completely replace your wired alarm like you have now, you can do so, or use the new interface kit and use it as you call it a piggy back system. But again you need BOTH kits if you want the piggyback system. Also it's a pre order due out December so anytime in between if you buy it, you can cancel the order before it ships. What's nice with the new version they have attached the Wi-Fi board on the main konnected board. They also have a $10 returning customer code of UPGRADE10 if you pre order before Oct 10th. You had to spend over $50 on previous purchase, maybe even with a return it will work. Good luck!

Appreciate that. Time to open my panel and really have a look as i don't know if i have 6 or more zones to interface to ( its a real pain to access and original key pay has been replaced so i don't know how many zones are active)
refund has been requested and i'll be ordering the interface.
thanks...once i get everything - i may be reaching out for some help.....if thats ok:)
Regards;
Mac

Mac, you did install the two konnected files , the app and other? If you did, it would allow you to name each zone. Once that's done, then your zones should appear for you to add to HSM ( home security monitor) so you should know how many zones you have. My suggestion is unplug your alarm rewire your old alarm box, then reinstall the old keypad. Make sure it works, then we can go from there. The new interface and alarm2 won't be around till around December when the new modules are sent out. Your more then welcome to contact me then when I'll be installing the new module . for me it will be easier because I have the old interface already connected but I'm sure nate of konnected will have new YouTube videos to help us install the new modules.
Tony

Hi Tony.
i was looking at the videos but im uncertain what Konnected will be offering in Dec with this new release.
Please let me explain what i have however and what i'm trying to accomplish..as your suggestions have been very helpful and i think sending what i ordered back may be my best option.

Current Alarm:
Wired home panel...not sure what type. Not sure how many zones. The original keypad was replaced and it's a pain to get the actual panel but presume it's less than 6 zones

I'll also presume that i have multiple doors and windows ganged together in zones as i don't recall the original panel having too much written on it. BUT i have 4 doors that have sensors and at least a dozen windows so if i was able to have them all on separate zones that would be great . While i have more than 12 discrete areas, some areas have 2 windows in the same room, so ganging those together will work...so i am presuming a 12 zone system will give me all the functionality i need.

I bought the Konnected IO replacement board but never ripped out my original panel, rather - i connected it to a bread board, hooked up a half a dozen magnetic contact sensors and a siren that i bought off ebay and played with it for a while. I downloaded the app and driver code and i can see all 12 zones on my Konnected setup.

After playing around - i was never happy with the options. I would gladly change out the hard wired panel with a tablet but it seems like all of the options for a keypad ( to type a hard code into) needed to go to the internet ( presumption of mine after the limited info i looked at) and while i don't mind ripping out the old panel -i was thinking that perhaps leaving the existing panel and connecting the interface board would be a batter option as the existing key pads would work and i would still be able to see windows and doors so i could connect to the my HE system for alerts...etc.

Ideally i'd like to have:

• Ability to use the existing key pads....or a wired kay pad ( don't mind buying another)
  • ability to ungroup zones and have more discrete individual window / doors
  • ability to arm - disarm from Hubitat ( rather digitally)

So - now that I've explained what i have, and based on what you've already posted...will the new hardware permit this?

Thanks again. If you were close to Houston....i'd gladly buy the beer while we work this out:)
Mac

Wow Mac that's a load full Lolo. Hard to understand all sensors and only 6 possible zones. First , you'll probably get more info in Konnected community then here on hubitat. Once konnected installed then hubitat community can help you set everything up with Hubitat. You have to sit down draw out your wiring to figure what konnected module you'll need. Nate hasn't made new videos yet for the new modules. Yes you can join multi sensors to one zone. I would again suggest leaving your zones the way they were configured on your old alarm. With the new interface module you just leave all wires on your old alarm in tack and just attach a wire from each konnected interface zone to the corresponding zone on your alarm making sure you don't connect them to the alarm ground but actual zone . The interface is much easier to install but first get your old alarm working. That's job one.

Appreciate that.
Old alarm is working.
Opening up this week end and documenting all of the zones and wiring.

Now ya got it Mac! Basically interface module can be installed in less then 30 min. Attach wire from interface module to corresponding zone on old alarm. Attach two wires to interface module power and attach other ends to old alarm power. Find konnected Wi-Fi on your phone and add your password. Very simplistic review of what's needed but that's basically it other then naming your zones and turning gently resistors on interface module. Watch Nates video concerning older interface module he does a great job on how to install and I'm sure as we get closer to marketing, he'll have new videos. It will give you good basics on how to connect the interface module. Nate is saying new products out around Christmas which gives you plenty time to sketch your old alarm system , watch konnected video and check Hubitat to configure it to Konnected