Konnected IO....taking the plunge this weekend...any advice?

I just pull power from the konnected board and reboot it to get it back on wifi.

Personally I think there should be a LAN option and not just WiFi for reliability.

3 Likes

Just had the issue of Konnected going offline because of a 3 day power outage. When power came back, I saw the Konnected board blinking the blue light, when I saw that, I just went on my cell phone, went into Wifi settings, and saw the Konnected WIFI and reconnected Like I did when I first installed it. VERY SIMPLE. Just remember, the Konnected wifi board SHOULD NOT have a CONSTANT blue light blinking. If it does that means its looking to reconnect

I had installed the Konnected interface and because I didn't have an extra empty zone , I couldn't connect the relays to turn the alarm off or on, BUT remember, your now connected to your Hubitat system so if you have the Home security monitor setup and have a siren connected to that, then you can just arm Hubitat and it will utilize all your wired and wireless sensors and if , GOD forbid a break in, the Hubitat siren will go off. ALSO, if your really paranoid lolo- (which I am when taking long trips) I arm BOTH the Hubitat alarm AND my wired alarm . They both can work together with no issues, You just wont be able to turn your old wired system off and on from away, but all your wired sensors will work with both systems

That’s good intel to know and how to handle. Appreciate the detail.
So with all of the if-then options on Hubitat is there no monitor that can send a text if something goes off line?
Or is that something that the users have to recommend to Hubitat to address in the future?
I know another gent mentioned a different solution with other software but would be great to get as a native part of Hubitat capability.
Regards.
Mac

Not easily, no. That's why I do it in node-red. Someone could submit it as an enhancement request, though.

Native is OK - but I do so many things in Node-Red, even if it were built in I would likely still do it in Node-Red. It is just much better suited for that type of logic.

Like Jason said, not easily. I'm not inclined to have other computers etc running just to check if the hub is connected. I'm surprised they haven't devised a way of at least emailing you when your hub looses internet connection. Tons of devices do that. But let's give them time, after all Hubitat is an infant in the world of hubs and the staff are fantastic. For now, check every so often when your away for extended periods of time, your logs. No logs, probably system down.

As i get deeper in, and maybe more comfortable-confident, i’ll give that a try. Thanks.

Anyone you out the new Konnected update today?

The new update sounds good, even if ota updates are the only thing that really applies to me.

I'll install it when I have time to pull my 3 boards out and lug over to a computer.

Since it was just released, wondering if its been thoroughly test and ready for prime time. Was going to flash it but realized I don't have the male to male standard usb connector needed - off to Amazon lolo

Previous firmware releases have been pretty good in the past. But in the end you can always downgrade to an older firmware if you run into an issue.

Just updated Konnected to 2.3.0 went perfect. Didn't even lose wifi, just had to go back in the Konnected Hubitat app and reconnect but after that all sensors recognized by Hubitat again

Good! That is how it is supposed to go. Nice when it does!

Good afternoon HE community.
Appreciate all the replies to date on my Konnected ed system.
It's all hooked up on the breadboard with sensors and a strobe connected so i can start using the system in anger without tying to my real alarm panel yet.
It is there replacement board so i'm really wanting to get familiar with this 1st. Couple of questions if you someone could offer an opinion.

• on the konnected IO website there are links to a setup used to control the system using action tiles. Does anyone know if this works with Hubitat?
  • what ways are hubitat - konnected owners using to arm, disarm and set different modes? I want to put something near my door and in my bedroom.
  • I tried creating a dash board to control the modes, arm and disarm but i couldn't find any selection for these options.

Appreciate all the replies to date any any future ones that users offer.
thanks
Mac

i flashed the new firmware yesterday- no issues. Powered back on and both boards picked up wifi and hubitat recolonized them without any further interaction. Mac

Ahh MAC missing those wired keypads already lolol. Actually there are two ways 1) set up your Modes, (Day Home,Night and Away) for specific times and use HSM ( Home Security Manager) to turn on and of at specific times. Personally I didn't like that option because practically no one has a set time all the time every day. 2) buy a keypad that you can place near or in your bedroom. Centralite or Iris version two are keypads that Hubitat has drivers for. Its battery operated so no worries about wiring. You can check Ebay where I got my Centralite one. Your not gonna find any new because I don't believe their made any longer but search the community for links to keypads. Mine works GREAT! You'll be able to set delays and arm right from the Keypad or dashboard. You'll have to install the Lock Code Manager from the built in apps section for the keypads to function. I'm still praying Mike will work on a driver for the Iris version one keypad (HINT lolo).

As for controlling Modes from the dashboard, Make sure MODE MANAGER is installed (Check- add built in app) in APP section. Then configure HSM (Home security manager) also must be added from the APP's section under (add built in apps). Both those apps will help you set your system to arm and disarm BOTH on the website, dashboard and Mobile app.

Here is the link to the Ebay seller that I bought my Iris keypad. NOTE he states it doesn't come with wall mount, however mine did. You may want to ask him if he has any with wall mounts. And with any other Keypad MAKE sure you get the correct model number, not all work with Hubitat.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Iris+Smart+Keypad+Smart+Home+And+Security+(3405-L)+Replacement&_sacat=0

Good luck!

Mac, you FLASHED the new firmware? Didn't you just buy it? Supposedly it was to come with the new firmware already installed unless you had it sitting around and Nate changed the firmware after you purchased Konnected

Thanks Tony.
I was really hoping here was a simple option to use a dash board or something with a digital screen. I’m itching to rip out the mechanical key pads. If I can figure a digital key pad then I can use either I pads or other tablets and install some that will then allow me to have other dash boards available.
I really want one on by the front door so I can access some type of camera. I know it can all be done but can it be done simply?
In the mean time. I’ll pick up an iris key pad just to play with my setup. Thanks again.

We’ll. Now that you say that. I didn’t check the firmware version. But it didn’t kick anything back and flag that I was up to date.
And to be fair. I had the Konnected boards about 3 weeks before i connected them up to Hubitat.
Perhaps I had the latest version. Lesson learned.
Thanks.
Mac.