Konke IR/RF transmitter

This might be a cheap alternative to the logitech offering. Could this be intergrated into Hubitat ?

Theoretically, it could be integrated if someone wrote a driver, but I can't find much information about it--it would need to have a documented or reverse-engineered API. Home Assistant might have done that here, but I don't see any model number that matches exactly, so it's hard to say if that really includes this device.

The "original" (non-Pro) ZMote looks similar. It's also cheap, has a documented API, and can theoretically be integrated into Hubitat. I never actually found a good way to do that (I had to manually find the "commands" from the remote's web interface), but with that device I know it would at least theoretically be possible. However, I'm not sure if that device is still available--I can't find it for sale anywhere. I'm sure there are other IR solutions. None will be quite as "smart" as Harmony--e.g., it won't be able to tell if your TV is on or change to, for example, turn it on to HBO with a single command like Harmony lets you do (at least not without a lot of effort)--but the price is definitely a lot better. :slight_smile:

Anyway, this device might be similar in concept to that, but it's hard to tell. The product page also says it can be integrated with Alexa and Google Assistant, but it's not clear if it can do that on its own or if it needs a special app/hub to do that. If it can, you could certainly integrate it into Hubitat via Alexa and virtual switches/devices, but that will be cloud-dependent and likely a bit slower, less reliable, and more work to set up than something that works directly with Hubitat.

I can't find anything about it on the ST forum, either, which is the other place I normally look. Perhaps you'll have better luck. If it can be made to work there with custom code, it usually can here, too.

Except that the device (and others in the same product line), like the similar broadlink device(s), uses AES encrypted data transfer. As HE does not support encryption, a native driver would not be possible at this time.

I bought one of those a while back to play with. I got the model with IR and zigbee. Total piece of junk.

1 Like

I just posted the solution I came up with if you want to have a look. You will also need a mqtt server though.