King and Queen for A Day!

Based on @michael.l.nelson 's suggestion, we are happy to introduce the Kings and Queens for A Day groups. These groups will serve as the "Hubitat Elevation Community Hall of Fame".

image image

Everyone can nominate a new group member by tagging the @Kings or @Queens.

Criteria & Process

To be added to the Kings or Queens group, a user must contribute to the community, in one of the following areas:

• Helped another fellow community member to resolve a problem.
  • Discovered a new and creative way to utilize an existing Hubitat feature.
  • Shared an app or a driver that enhances the elevated home.

Periodically, Hubitat Elevation team may invite users from these groups to join the Hubitat Live! and share their experience.

13 Likes

I nominate @ogiewon! Iā€™d love to hear him present on all the cool things he is doing with Arduinos and Hubduino!

12 Likes

Would we nominate someone here or just generally in a post.

Slow typing gets me every time.

I would like to nominate @aaiyar for his daily efforts to truly assist other community members.

@bobbyD I must add that although I have the King for a day badge, I didn't come by it legitimately. It was granted by you some months ago as a joke so I should probably relinquish my crown. It has been super fun to resurrect that title every once in a while for special situations but it should be a legitimate entry.

6 Likes

On the spot, when it happens, here is an example:

3 Likes

Seconded @Kings

8 Likes

I also nominate @srwhite whose incredible contributions (shackrat collection of drivers) and HubConnect make so many of my automations possible! @Kings

11 Likes

How do we know who's is a king and who is a queen? Although I do have the badge, I do enjoy drag.

6 Likes

Around this time of year, where I live, going in drag is not uncommon. You must come visit.

3 Likes

It is one of the places I have always wanted to visit and never been. Donna and I just watched To Wong Foo again and it always brings tears and good feelings and hope that we can learn to treat each other better.

2 Likes

When in doubt play it safe @Kings & @Queens LOL

3 Likes

As "it's Pat" from old sketches on SNL.

3 Likes

Phenominal Idea! As I, too snagged the title today in good fun, and am willing to be de-throned, I wouldn't know where to begin with a nomination. I'll definitely be legitimately nominating as time goes on.

2 Likes

I believe in our cases it called Knighting.

2 Likes

Have you caught wind of a coup??

2 Likes

:crossed_swords:Good point :crossed_swords:

1 Like

oh @adamkempenich let's not forget the work he's been doing with lightify @Kings

4 Likes

I would definitely agree that @srwhite must take the first crown for his work on HubCinnect.
Simply outstanding, and serves a great need!
All hail the new King!

5 Likes

Just to be safe since the S in @srwhite could be for Sandra or Susan or . . .

2 Likes

Perhaps we should just tag @ royals? :grin:

3 Likes

Too much fun. :wink: Agreed. @royals will avoid any potential embarrassment for either party. It would go along with the current relaxation of gender to include self identification of gender or not.

And I note our crowns are identical which is good but I will need to give mine a good polish tonight.

3 Likes