Keypad options

Hi everyone,

So, I've read this thread The best wireless keypad?

From what I'm understanding a used Zigbee Centralite is basically the only real option out there. Am I missing something glaringly obvious? I can't be the only one that wants to just arm/disarm as I walk out the door with a code... am I?

I also am pretty set in the direction of Z-Wave so I was really hoping to stick with that. Hell, I'd even go wifi if there was an integration already built.

In any case, looking for looking for what others have determined to be the solution. Thanks in advance!

I use two of the Xfinity XHK1 Zigbee keypads myself that I brought over from ST when I switched to HE. The signatures for these should be getting added to the Centralite driver soon. They work great but currently after you pair them, you have to change the driver to Centralite Keypad as they initially come up as a Samsung Button. They work with lock manager also for setting codes. I am only aware of these, the Centralite ones and the Iris ones. The Centralite and Iris ones are all Zigbee devices too but are already supported. I did some searching when I was looking for Keypads several months ago and there was nothing offered that I could find in Z-Wave. There's also not much support (at least currently) that I know of for any WiFi devices in HE.

@lelynch thanks for the insight! Do the keypads have LEDs that can indicate modes or if HSM is armed/disarmed? If not I'll be interested to know how you "know" if you need to arm/disarm. Thanks again!

Yes, they do. Although being run by batteries the lights don't stay on, but they have short range motion sensors in them and they will light back up when your hand gets near. Three buttons on top for Home, Away and Night will correspondingly turn red when armed along with a light at the bottom that is either red when armed or green when disarmed. Also, all of the other buttons light up white so you can see them easily in the dark. The buttons have a beep when you press them and then a long beep when the code is accepted and you can adjust the volume for the beep. I like the Xfinity ones because they use 4 AA batteries that last a long time. Mine have been in use over a year and the batteries still have almost a full charge.