Keenect Lite (Release)

should be

• thermostatOperatingState : fan only

When the fan is running without heating or cooling.

• supportedThermostatFanModes : [on, auto]
  • supportedThermostatModes : [off, cool, heat, auto]

Those are the different controls that the thermostat can be commanded to.
Operating state is what the thermostat is actually telling your HVAC to do.

thermostatOperatingState - ENUM ["heating", "pending cool", "pending heat", "vent economizer", "idle", "cooling", "fan only"]

If you change the ThermostatFanMode to on, the fan should turn on and you should see "fan only"

Agreed - that works. Fan comes on. No fan-only is evident in the dashboard or the E3 app. Thermostatoperatingstate remains Idle.

I had the same issue with 2 3rd party implementations of Nest. I'd prefer not to have to put in extra code to do a check of if Tstat is idle and FanMode = on , etc to detect fan mode.

Is your ecobee a 3rd party or Hubitat driver?

Hubitat driver - latest version of everything.
While on the topic, the Virtual-thermostats for the zones don't seem to change color with the main thermostat. At the moment my main thermostat in the app is showing Idle and grey, while the sub thermos are both red and heating.

Yeah, the zone temp does not get updated to the virtual thermostats, I have a separate app I use for that. Even if it did, since the zone could be cooler/warmer than the SP when the main thermostat is idle, it would not be the right color.
The app cannot control the virtual thermostat states.

That sounds like a simple fix, and since the Fan mode feature of KE doesn't work on Ecobee without it…

So I'm finally getting around to installing this. After installing the app, choosing my main thermostat and saving, I get this error.

Something went wrong: CHECK THE JSON FILE AND IT'S URI - groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: OK

Yeah, that’ll go away... I keep meaning to fix that...

The rest of the app should be fine.

Ah, ok thanks. One other question. Does the app take zone thermostat mode into account? So, if I turn a zone's thermostat from "cooling" to "off", will the app close the related vents?

no, it only uses the virtual thermostat for setpoints.

Found the typo in the version file on Github that was causing the error, no need to update. Thanks for informing me!

Having thought about it more, that is a feature I'd find useful (set vents to minimum value if zone thermostat mode is off).

Here's why; I have rules to set the zone temps based on mode (essentially off at night and on during the day or vice versa for bedrooms). However, I'd also like to be able to adjust the thermostat when the zones are active. Disabling then by setting the thermostat and then enabling by also setting the thermostat means I can't do that. There might be a way to work around that with rules, but this feature would definitely simplify the process.

I dunno, maybe I'm not thinking of an obvious simpler solution?

I’m not sure what you are asking for, but here is a guess:
This part I get. You would like to be able to set the virtual thermostat mode to off and have the vent to close.
This part I am unsure of: you would like to change the setpoint while mode is auto? This you can do now.

Sorry, I typed that late last night.. let me clarify.

Currently the only way I can see to turn zones off is to raise the setpoint (or lower if heating) above the current actual temp. So I set rules for a room to turn off (raise the setpoint) if mode is Night, otherwise turn it on (reset the setpoint to 73).

What that means is that I can't adjust the setpoint during the day because RM will reset it.

So the feature request is just this: If zone thermostat mode is "off", set vent to minimum level. Otherwise, resume normal operation.

mind if I take it a step further and include heating and cooling control? if virtual thermostat mode was in heat and your AC is running, it will minimize the vent?

Yeah that makes sense to add, too.

done, please update me if there are issues.