Just switched from ST and a little disappointed [UPDATE: Delighted :-) ]

I read in the Lightify FAQs that the Lightify gateway won't join a wifi network on channel 11. This leads me to believe that the Lightify gateway is on channel 25, although a google search turned up nothing about what zigbee channel it uses, and may be why they work so well on 25.

I specifically was reading a document from Control4 that stated: "To select a Zigbee channel that does not overlap with WiFi, try channel 15, 20, or 25. These Zigbee channels avoid the most common WiFi channels (1, 6, 11). Also note that channel 25 in the US has lower transmission power per FCC requirements. "

Another Document from Silicon Labs states: Actual channels available vary by country. For example, in the USA, Wi-Fi channels 1 through 11 are available and Zigbee channels 11 through 26 are available, although channels 25 and 26 require reduced transmit power levels to meet FCC requirements (North America only).

Either way the main thing is ymmv and to test out what works best for you. Channel 25 may very well be the least congested channel and the best option in your case.