Just ordered hubitat, have some questions

Hi! I’m coming over from home assistant. I just wanted to try hubitat for various reasons!

I have an app on my iPhone called sonosequencr. Allows much easier usage of playlists etc. I’m using Alexa voice assistant.
I can make Alexa voice commands with IFTTT and webhooks. Is there a way to build Alexa voice commands with hubitat that will bypass need for IFTTT? Sorry if it’s a basic question. Thanks!

Take a look at Echo Speaks.

2 Likes

Also take a look at this post for general stuff

2 Likes

If I understand your question correctly there is a Hubitat skill in Alexa and an Alexa app in Hubitat that enables control of whatever you want in Hubitat with Alexa. Very simple. Very easy.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have to use webhooks to interface with the app because the requests are made through a web request. From what I saw it looks like the Sonos integration with hubitat isn’t as detailed as the app I’m using.

So can I still make webhooks style integrations (trigger plus web request) with hubitat to continue using this app with Alexa?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.