Join Inovelli Lzw42 insecure

I just did this to include 20 of these bulbs and didn’t skip a beat, kept pc controller in NWI mode and included all 20 back to back..

Refresh z-wave details page as you go, once you see the new one, move on to the next bulb..

1 Like

You get the S2 security popup when pairing LZW42's? I have 3 of them on the 2.31 beta firmware and it just includes them as S0.

This was utilizing pc controller.. However, they do have a new firmware version that has a non-secure inclusion method..

1 Like

Why does that controller popup the security option but not the hub? I have that firmware on the bulbs but I'm having a devil of a time getting it to pair without. Don't have time to get back to it until next week at this point but I'll try the secondary controller option since I have one.

It doesn't .. You either include the stick with no security or you do the less recommended cancel the include process before security bootstrapping.. If the stick is included without security it can't start security bootstrapping ..

1 Like

Ah!

So that's a good reason to pair the stick with no security when doing these kinds of things.... thanks - I guess I kind of knew that but it's nice to get confirmation.

1 Like

I just went through this today with a couple troublesome S0 LZW42s... PC Controller is insecure, and paired the bulbs fine. The bulbs did, weirdly, get their old Node ID after being re-paired insecurely. The Z-wave Settings page showed them as "None" security but also showed them being in no clusters. The bizarre part is that after a Hubitat reboot, they somehow re-acquired their S0 status.

I did a standard exclude (plus 3 more just for good measure) before re-including via the PC Controller. I'll try a factory reset tonight on them to see if I can avoid the issue, but thought worth mentioning... perhaps some sort of caching.

I cannot get the ZwaveMe controller to pair with the Hubitat. I've loaded up the Zwave PC Controller software and selected the ZwaveMe stick. Then I put the C7 in Inclusion mode and I've tried "Classic Learn Mode" and "Select Learn Mode" using the option for NWI but both the C7 and the Zwave PC Controller software both time out. Any tricks here?

I'd really like to get my LZW42's working correctly but I need to try to pair them without security to see if that will do the trick.

Thanks for posting this. I have the v2.31 beta firmware. Have attempted the insecure inclusion with the 3 power cycles at least a dozen times, always joins as S0. This method of turning on - off does work, and I've been able to switch all my bulbs to None. One note, it seems this process disrupts my z-wave network in some way. I need to shutdown and restart my hub in between each bulb. But it works, and that's all that matters. Thanks again!

1 Like

It can be done, but it takes time and patience. I did 4, each one I had to include / exclude ea h several time before ei finally got it to pair non secure.

I uge my lamp in to a multi outlets stop with a loose rocker switch. Start inclusion, switch the bulb on once it flashes twice turn the bulb on off 3 to six times in 2 Seconds. If it paies S0 exclude, (I also factory reset) then try again. Eventually your find the balance.

I think on one of them I was doing six sets of three about 5 seconds apart. Just be patient and persistent.