Job Scheduler

I've set up a couple of Rules using the Rule Machine. In both cases, the rules say they have "No jobs scheduled" which may explain why the rules don't seem to work. I can't find any references to a Job Scheduler so my question is "How do I schedule a job to run a Rule?"

Hello, and welcome to Hubitat!
Your rules don't need scheduled jobs to run unless you have a trigger involving time. Rules will subscribe to device events and then respond when an event with your device occurs. If you want help with a specific rule, please post a screenshot of the rule along with what you are trying to do and what is actually occurring when the trigger happen. Also, any logs you can get for the rule from the live logs is always helpful.

The rules involved the Presence of my cellphone, which shows appropriately in the device list. If phone is Present, change Mode to "Present" or if Not Present, change Mode to Away. Mode never changed and remained set at Present. I traveled about 25 miles outside the GeoFence area with my phone and the value of Mode never changed. I tried the same thing using Mode Manager and got the same result.

If you share a screenshot of your rule we can certainly help, but it's hard to know what's wrong without seeing it.

Since you are new to the forum, you can't post photos yet, i know. So you'll have to wait until you can so we can help you debug the rule. Without seeing it, there's really no much we can do for now.

i've the same issue, and confusion about Job Scheduler, can't seem to find documentation about and on my devices all showing

despite the fact this Device here have a Rule Machine to turn on-off in specific time

what exactly scheduled jobs and from where to add/remove such?

Rule Machine would have a scheduled job for the above described Rule, but the device itself will not have a scheduled job.

1 Like