Jasco motion dimmer/switch fails to report motion to C8 hub

I have 3 Jasco motion dimmers and 2 Jasco motion switches. Only 1 motion switch is reporting motion to the hub as expected. All the other devices are stuck in whatever state they happen to be in. The only way I can sometimes get them to report motion to the hub is by hitting "configure"/"refresh" buttons on the device page multiple times and that too doesn't work most of the times. I know that the motion detection is working because "Occupancy" mode is working as expected on these devices.

I have a C8 hub.

Habe you tried excluding them and then including them again?

I have a bunch of Jasco motion dimmers and motion switches on my C-8 and all are reporting motion as expected.

Do you have a any failed/not fully paired/"ghost" zwave devices? That can sometimes mess up your mesh/traffic. Look in the zwave details page for devices with a "discover" button, for instance. Can search on this forum for zwave "ghosts" for more info on that topic.

Have you tried powering down the hub via the UI, adn then unplugging it for a minute to force the zwave radio to fully reboot (it doesn't fully restart without an actual power pull)?

I have a few of these Mine seem to be working fine.

Try pulling the air gap for a few seconds if you haven't already

The basic problem is not just motion detection; it's that no events (motion or physical on/off/dimming) are flowing from the device to the hub but the device can be polled and responds to commands from the hub.

Based on the suggestions I tried the following things with interesting results but low success overall.

1/ Exclude/include the offending motion-dimmers with device reset (using airgap switch) before re-inclusion. No success in getting events to flow from the device

2/ Used the airgap to reset the device (after inclusion). Voila! Events start flowing from device to hub. Alas. Success was short-lived for the motion-dimmers and the devices reverted to buggy behavior overnight. The motion-switch however recovered fully and has not caused any problems after this.

3/ Switched hubs. I have 2 hubs (one dedicated to zigbee devices and one to zwave devices). Both are C8, I switched hubs using the backup/restore method. No discernible change in results

Based on 2 and 3, I feel this is an issue with the device itself. I have a new set of motion-dimmers. Will try those out and see if that helps.

1 Like

Are these motion-switches or motion-dimmers? My motion-switches are working as expected, but the motion-dimmers are not.

Dimmers. What driver are you using?
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 10.40.46 AM

Did you try doing a Zwave repair just on the devices you're having issues with? Not a full repair.

A few things to consider:

2 Likes

Along with the exclusion/Inclusion can you please try to do a Full Factory reset. I know the exclusion is suppose to do that, but i know i had to pull everything out the last time i had this issue. You may even want to check if there is a new firmware for those switches since Jasco is now publishing them.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.