Ivory toggle switches

Does anyone know why there are so few Ivory toggle switches available? There are white ones everywhere but very few old-style toggle switches in that color. I certainly don't want to change all the switches in our home to match new white ones. The only ones I have been able to find are made by Enbrighten which do not appear on the compatible devices list.

Non-dumb ones, I assume?

Enbrighten is Jasco/ GE. If they are zigbee or Zwave they should work.but if you have three and four way stitches4 they also require a slave switch, not just a dumb switch. That's why I never had more than 1.

Moved thread to Lounge category.

They are for single station switches so I'm okay there. I guess I just have to buy a couple and try them since all the ones that are branded Jasco/GE are white or rocker switches.

An alternative option is that many paddle-style switches come with (or have available) replaceable faceplates to be white, ivory, (one more?)... You would need new wall plates to accommodate the paddle switches, but easier to match the color, with more brand diversity to choose from

Matches Leviton ivory well.

2 Likes

The Jasco paddle switches come with white and light almond, and it looks from the description that the toggle switches should as well. Light almond isn't a perfect match for ivory but is as close as you are going to get.

Alternatively, consider switching all the switches in a particular box to smart and dumb paddle switches of the same color. That's what I did. I also replaced all the outlets in the house with rectangular tamper-proof ones.

"An alternative option is that many paddle-style switches come with (or have available) replaceable faceplates to be white, ivory, (one more?)... You would need new wall plates to accommodate the paddle switches, but easier to match the color, with more brand diversity to choose from"
The problem is that in order to make things look right I would have to replace all the switches not just the one involved. The one with I really want the toggle switch is in our front hall, it's one switch in a 3 switch plate so obviously all of them would have to be replaced. Unfortunately one of them is a double switch (top and bottom switches) Which You Cannot Find in paddle style.

I have thought about the idea of painting them however as suggested by another poster and that may be the ultimate solution.

Something like this? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Eaton-Single-Pole-White-Compatible-with-LED-Combination-Light-Switch/1001438440

There are also combination wall plates out there to mix-and match switch styles, though often not readily available at your local hardware store

It is probably a matter of inventory costs. Most dumb toggle switches are inexpensive, often costing less than $1. Thus, keeping an inventory of multiple colors is reasonable.

Smart switches can cost 50 times as much as a simple toggle switch.
Since smart switches are still a small part of the overall market, vendors may be reluctant to inventory multiple colors and take up valuable space on their shelves. Thus, white switches have become the norm for home automation. Likewise, almost all sensors, smart outlets, etc. as also white.

I completely understand that but in my situation the switch is in our main entry hallway and thus very visible needs to look good. It looks like painting as suggested earlier in this thread is going to be the best option. I certainly do appreciate all the input here however, this forum has great individuals contributing!

Perhaps keep your dumb switch and connect it to one of these in the box. There similar products available for less cost, zigbee/WiFi, etc.

With the exposed area of a toggle being so small, it would really be hard to tell that one of them was actually light almond. Or, use light almond paddles for the smart switch, the dumb single switch, and the dumb double switch.

ivory

1 Like