Itead Wifi switch

Hi guys,

I am new here, I just recieved my HE and I am struggling with the learning curve. A lot of information and maybe I didn't choose the best starting point... So I hope you can help!

I have an Itead wifi switch (IM160426001) connected to my garage door, that I controle with the ewelink app. I would like to add this to my HE, but I have no clue where to start.

Did anyone do this before?

Cheers,
Igor

Welcome to the community! I agree, that is not the best place to start given the learning curve. I would start with devices that are natively supported. This is the best way to get your feet wet and get a better feel for it. Also, if you haven't already, start here: Hubitat Elevation Documentation - Hubitat Documentation

There are a couple of custom drivers and apps written for Sonoff but I have no idea if they will work for your device. But, if it will work for you, you will need to install a custom driver and/or app. Once you are ready to tackle this one do a forum search for Sonoff and we'll go from there.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply CAZ.

Will follow your advice

Gday mate. Yes the HE is a lot to take in initially but once you get into it, it will get easier :slight_smile:

In relation to getting your specific device into HE i'd take a look at the below link for the custom community HE driver. You will however need to flash your device to use another firmware such as Tasmota but you can find plenty of online videos on how to do that by opening it up and using the UART flash method.

1 Like

Following your advice, I successfully added mij first switch!

1 Like

I've converted most of my sonoff's to Tasmota. It's a greate system. For switches that can not be converted, you can allways use IFTTT

1 Like

Nicely done, sir. Now you are going to be faced with the rabbit hole and how deep does it go. Once you start to get comfortable you begin to realize all the things you can do that you probably never planned on. It gets really fun and exciting and expensive.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.