ITEAD (Sonoff) is releasing a zigbee 3.0 bridge and zigbee motion/contact/temp-hum sensors

My thinking is that with its very square, plain appearance it's actually a candidate for letting into ceiling/wall cutouts whereas many of the others (iris, xiaomi) have a more complex form that doesn't work well like that.

1 Like

Maybe that could work, if you do that I'd love to see some photos :slight_smile: I will mount it on walls or ceilings directly since all my walls have wallpaper or tiles. Order some and try them, the one I got is going into the master bath shower today. If that works, I will get two more for presence in the home office, one for me and one for the wife. We have different wants for light settings.

Anyone happen to open the contact sensor...wluld love to make these into affordable leak detectors/dry contacts!

I have not taken it apart more than this:

1 Like

Very hard to tell with that black PCB...when your drivers come out I may order one to tear down..it looks like there is probably some room to add some componets if needed too!

They are ready, they will be out later today or tomorrow.

EDIT: They are released here:

3 Likes

ok just got my devices in how do you pair the contact sensor?

I got the temp sensor to pair without issue

Remove the paper from the battery. Put a paperclip or a sim-card slot opener in through the little hole and hold it (about 5 seconds) until you see the red light start blinking. Start pairing mode in HE.

1 Like

Does the motion sensor indicate a trigger? I like the way the Iris' flash an led to register the motion. The Xiaomi's don't indicate. The Sonoff?

Yes, it blinks red, but only the first time there is motion, not every time it detects motion to extend the current event timeout.

2 Likes

ok, thats great. I find this a useful notification.
cheers.

I have 2 of the temperature and Humidity sensors one is reporting Humidity the other is not.

suggestions?

so waiting solved the issue without making any changes humidity is now available./ Must learn patience :slight_smile:

I ordered from itead on June 11. They released them the 18th. I still haven't gotten my order. What timeline of ordering is going on for you guys. Is this long to wait or?

mine arrived pretty quick and btw they came with Batteries even though the site said they would not...

1 Like

With that kind disregard for the truth you should send them back. :wink:

1 Like

Last I talked to itead on June 18th, there was a processing error on my order.

Two days ago I tried to email the email I was previously talking to. No response. Today I'm using their ticketing system.

I want to have the devices but now I'm concerned this might be more problematic.

Itead have been very slow in responding to e-mails, often 2 weeks, if you're lucky 2 days. This has been the case every time I've contacted them, both now and in the past. Once they ship it has been fast, however, and their shipping tend to be very professional.

Ok thanks for the info.

I have 2 each of the motion sensors, temperature sensors and contact sensors they are all working great with @markus drivers. The only thing I have noticed is the motion sensors take a bit of time to clear after sensing motion but that is not a big deal for me. I think the motion sensors are working better then the ZooZ outdoor motion sensor I have (it some times doesn't detect motion....)

1 Like

The motion sensors take 60 seconds to clear from the last motion sensed, that is checked continuously so if there is motion after 50 seconds from the first motion sensed, it will clear after 1 minute and 50 seconds.

2 Likes