It looks like hubitat is unavailable

Seriously I'm getting frustrated now. My rules engine rules are working and now ( again ) google cant talk to hubitat. Is there a refund form available anywhere?

I also get http 500's from the webui. I've done nothing special / unique with this thing and all it's done is give me grief...

On what pages do you get the http 500 errors?

SW version 2.1.0.123
HW version Rec C-5
logs and setting pages for sure. The issue is intermittent as the page is loading now, but it very slow. moments later just got another 500 error while trying to view logs. I just checked for updates and there are none available.

reboots
The WebUI is faster and now Google can control my lights again. Memory leak perhaps? as the solution to my problems has been to power cycle it.

Have you loaded any community created user apps/drivers like ecobee?

Do you have Chromecast (Beta) app loaded?

I have the preview version of firmware on my google home but that shouldn't affect the hubitat's local performance ( viewing logs ).

I have the following apps installed
Ecobee Integration
Google home
hue bridge
maker api
notifications
rule machine ( but my single rule is paused )

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

You are incorrect in your assessment of the Ecobee Suite. The developer never indicates that the app itself is the cause of ANY issues/slowdowns. The post you specifically refer to, clearly states that the the hub in general slows when there are failures. Please be mindful of how you quote things and offer advice. Just a friendly reminder.

How is it that you know what he knows?

Because I haven't shared with anyone the facts behind my observation, that's how...he made an assumption that my application was causing the slowdowns, when the FACT is I (continue to) observe slowdowns when ANY application has a failure...

1 Like

Sorry, I just misunderstood your Here be Zombies post about slowdowns and thought it was worth Wylde trying to remove it in case that was what was contributing to his frustrations, rather than see another person give up on a great platform due to uncommon issues.

3 Likes

Apology accepted.

BTW, based on what I have seen discussed on this forum, there are LOTS of people who have experienced Hubitat performance degradation, even before I released my Ecobee Suite last week...

And based on my own observations, the servers that SmartThings runs my code on take about 33% less time to complete a task than does the Hubitat platform. For a task like "turn on this switch", that difference is minuscule; while computing Thermal Comfort is far more drastic (we're talking 20-40 seconds on Hubitat, and only about 7-12 seconds on SmartThings.

From the post that YOU shared.

Which led you to re-write the code shown here

At which there are still (apparently unresolved with no reply given) errors CURRENTLY shown here

I tried this avenue and you insisted (through PM) the problems I had were something "I" was doing, before you began issuing "updates to fixes" almost daily afterwards.

For you to eliminate and rule out that the problem could "possibly" be on your end "now" as you continue issues fixes almost daily but it "might of been" (hence the "need" for an updated version) then isn't very logical.

FWIW, I still have never had ANYONE else report the issues you were having when we discussed in PM. I don't know what is different about your environment, but stuff that works for other Hubitat users just didn't seem to be working for you.

The fixes I have been posting also had nothing to do with your issues - they were fixes or enhancements for problems identified by other users. And I am actively solving the one you quoted (from 17hours ago)...I will be releasing fixes to most all the reported issues later today.

All that said, you and I obviously got off on the wrong foot. I am sorry that I offended you, and I hope that maybe one day we can move on from here. Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to release a quality product that adds value over the basic Ecobee integration offered by oth SmartThings and Hubitat.

Peace.

I removed the rules engine and the device appears to be more stable. Too bad an app is able to have such a dramatic effect on the performance...

My log file is littered with
dev:32019-06-02 09:10:26.637 am errorjava.sql.SQLException: An SQLException was provoked by the following failure: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: A ResourcePool cannot acquire a new resource -- the factory or source appears to be down. (generateEvent)

app:22019-06-02 09:09:11.609 am errorjava.sql.SQLException: An SQLException was provoked by the following failure: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.ResourcePoolException: A ResourcePool cannot acquire a new resource -- the factory or source appears to be down. (poll)

dev:32019-06-02 09:09:07.757 am errorjava.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database! (generateEvent)

app:12019-06-02 09:08:28.620 am errorjava.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database! (allDevices)

Sigh .. one issue after another

I finished splitting my hub into 3 hubs this weekend. Not sure it will help, but it shouldn't hurt. And if nothing else it should segregate where any problems originated.

1. Hub 1 - Main zigbee/zwave hub
  2. Hub 2 - Secondary zigbee/zwave hub. All HVAC related devices. All use user drivers (Xiaomi temp/humidity sensors, Enhanced GoControl thermostat) and multiple custom apps to do vent/room temp balancing and adjusting the thermostat temp calibration setting in order to effectively control off remote temperature sensors. Since it is basically ALL user code, I thought it made sense to quarantine all of that.
  3. Hub 3 - No radios (C4 w/no USB stick). Internet and LAN integrations (e.g. Life 360, Konnected)

I'm using HubConnect to glue them together/pass devices back and forth as needed.

Moved 25 devices from Hub 1 to Hub 3, and 23 devices from Hub 1 to Hub 2. So if nothing else, Hub 1 should be happier. lol. And since Hub 1 is the only one that has ever locked up for me, that may be a good thing.

Oh, and I installed 3 TPLink Kasa wifi outlets between the hubs and my UPS so I can remotely hard reboot them if I never need to... Path of last resort, so to speak, if I can't get int to reboot gracefully via VPN.

1 Like

Curious with 2 zigbee hubs what channels are you using? I was planning to have zwave on one hub and zigbee on another in my setup.

I use 18 and 19. My 2.4 GHz APs are on 1 and 11.

1 Like