Issues with zigbee bulbs

Back when I was a teenager my girlfriend's mother owned a flower shop. One day a guy showed up who just wanted to arrange flowers and he offered to work for free so they let him. He was very gay, but that had less to do with it than the 30 years he spent at IBM.

One day you'll understand...

Ha.. I only needed to spend 19 years there to feel like I was working for free!

1 Like

There is a new rat control strategy in NYC where they're not poisoning the rats anymore, they just use a chemical that makes them infertile. So much easier, humane, and effective!

Well, global sperm count rates are plummeting, marriage rates in the develop world are plummeting, reproductive rates are plummeting. All while we pursue trivial pursuits like video games and "home automation".

I submit that the singularity has already occurred, and it is already at work getting rid of us.

1 Like

That was to deep, I will start to selling everything here

1 Like

Good. There are already about 3 billion people too many on the planet. A population shrinkage would be the most earth friendly and environmentally conscious thing we could ever do.

Too bed that will never happen, unless Thanos is real. :wink:

Yawn. Malthusianism is so 19th century... or woke. Same difference. If you care so much you can always put yourself amongst the 3 billion "extras".

I would be fine with that, as long as they all go too...

And malthusianism isn't the past - it's the future. I am in my mid 40s, so definitely not "woke". Lol

True malthusianism isn't that likely, and is contestable with data. I think it's more likely that overpopulation breeds financial crisis, that leads to catastrophic war (nuclear or biological). But whatever.

I've observed that over population along with conflict free existence (middle class American life style) leads to reckless and self destructive behaviors. It's like we don't deserve $2 a gallon gasoline so we should do anything to make our lives harder. I might just go back to flipping on light switches when I enter a room.

Oh and ZigBee bulbs do have issues. I've been moving mine to the Hue hub, since then my Mii Cubes, iris motion, and Ceiling fan controllers have been reliable.

Sorry to ask, for what do you use the cubes?

Any clues on fixing a bricked hue hub? it's just gone after the "upgrade". 2 blue lights come on but the third blue light which means... something networkish... never comes back up. Factory reset did nothing.

How on Earth...... "issue with zigbee bulbs" turned to killing half world population. You guys are funny! Slow Monday I see.

1 Like

I use one in the bedroom. I have five separate lights in there. One face turns them all on via a flip or tap another does off; another controls both bed side lamps the same way, a third and fourth face does one or the other bedside lamp; the last one is for a closet and ceiling fan light. My wife actually uses it, took a few months for her to warm up to it but she likes it.
My second one I keep changing, right now I'm trying to get my Osram rgbw spots to do something fun. Those lights just don't want to do fun. Hmm typing this I just remembered the garden spot app, that did a good job with them. Tonight's project has been determined. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for answering, I thought the cube was a hub.

Np, I'm a Dad so I enjoy over explaining my interests to anyone who asks.

1 Like

Sorry to bother you again, how did you program the cube to turn on the lights? I setup a virtual cube to test but I can't see it in simple lighting or RM, I created custom commands in RM too, I wanted to test before I buy 2 of them. Thanks

It's a button controller. I use the 36 button configuration. This is the cheat sheet I use.

1 Like

Do you create something like this?

Thanks for answering.

Exactly like that. I make a new button app for each action, Flip, Tap, etc.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate your patience answering my questions.

I wish that rule machine allowed for grouped rules.
For the cube alone can be at least a total of 56 rules for a single device. Just to cover all functions.

Something like this would be great:

If button press than 1
Else
If button held than 2