Issues with Iris Smart Plugs as Z-Wave Repeaters

Do you have to pair both Zigbee and Z-wave of the plug for update?

My understanding is that the Iris hub pairs via Zigbee first, and then automatically pairs the z-wave radio as well, for the 3210-L outlets.

@ogiewon any luck getting any of your devices updated yet?

You can use most standard ascii characters. Only ~ (and a few others) are listed after A-Z. Most other characters will supersede letters :slight_smile:

Use this link for firmware versions.

1 Like

Looks like latest firmware for these devices is as follows:

Outlets
3210-L - 0x20085010
3210-L2 - 0x20115010

Iris Motion
3326-L - 0x1C005310

Iris Door/Window
3320-L - 0x1C005310

Iris Smart Fob (4 button)
3450-L - 15005301

Iris Water Leak
3315-L - 1c005310

Update 12-12-2018: I successfully have updated 3 x motion sensors, 4 x water sensors, and 1 x outlet thus far...

3 Likes

This is the latest.

1 Like

Someone linked my thread from ST already. Those are the latest versions to my knowledge.

I'm not sure how it does it, but the Iris hub is able to pair both radios in the plug automatically. I don't have a Zigbee sniffer so I'm not able to validate my theory, but I believe there may be a Zigbee command send to the plug that puts the Z-Wave radio into inclusion. I wish I could validate that somehow.

I have a 3210-L with both protocols paired, and have never seen any issues that I know of. No errors in Z-Wave Repairs. How are the problems manifesting for most people?

I had two different devices disappear from my device list.

I purchased mine less than 2 months ago, so maybe there's a chance it shipped with the latest firmware.

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago :rofl:

Out of 15. Five of the plugs are more than 3 years old so most likely with old firmware but no problem yet. Guess a $27 hub is not a bad deal.

In ST having with OTA on, will this provide firmware updates to the Iris Motion Sensors? In the process of a very slow migration that is growing into Lutron Caseta upgrade. So while I am looking forward to being on HE, I am taking it really slow. Started out with my basement (3 rooms so far) this weekend and ran fairly smooth. Paired about 35 devices including some in the next floor above. Really looking forward to moving to Caseta. Plan is to use the newer of the existing GE Switches, some zigbee and zwave, in closets to help as repeaters through the house. I had some issues with hub lock ups this weekend. I removed several programs to no avail but last night I removed IFTTT and things have appeared better so far but there has been little traffic in the house today. Also, I cant say that I noticed any sluggishness in the system either, just locked up. Past logs did not contain any errors but most of the time there was an app event that was the last entry, so I started removing some of those apps but no help. I also removed the z-wave repeater discussed hear and ran a repair but had a lockup later on which prompted me to remove IFTTT. Could also be some silly error in a rule I made to.

One more question about zigbee channels. Here is what I current have. Should it be setup differently?
HE: 20
ST: 19
HUE:11

Thanks!

I received the Iris hub, paired 2 device but I'm not sure if I suppose to activate something to allow device update, or it's automatic? Thanks

I'm not sure either! :wink: Last night I paired a motion sensor with old firmware. I forgot to check it this morning to see if it auto-updated yet...

Ok, let me know if it updates the firmware, thanks.

I just checked and the motion sensor has updated its firmware.

1 Like

Shouldn't be a problem but I would change Hue to 25, move HE a little lower around 15 if possible. Unless you are going to get rid of ST soon cause you can't change ST zigbee channel or disable the radio.
Saying that, I have HE and ST both on channel 20, Hue 25 and wink 2 on an unknown channel with no problem at all.

Dan, I believe zigbee devices always retain the same network ID. Did you leave the devices in HE and just reset them to include with the Iris hub for firmware update? Then when pairing back did it sync pack up with the previous device?

I just bought an Iris hub myself while on sale for firmware updates.