Issues with Inovelli Red Dimmer Controlling Leviton Plug-In Dimmer

They change for me too but they are choppy / slower than with other devices.

That is because the fade rate is set to a specific value.
Just have to change that first.

Not seeing any choppiness.

Is that a parameter number on the Leviton? If so can you give the details of it?

1 Like

From the Installation Manual.

Those rates should be overwritten by the dimming duration in the start change command but maybe they aren't? Not sure.

@Wheat @ericm Can you guys dumb this down a bit (a lot) - were you able to get the dimming functionality working on the Leviton?

1 Like

I was able to get a Leviton to receive a MultiLevel Start/Stop Change from another dimmer.
I was able to get the device to respond properly to that command.

I do not have Innovelli but I do have the Leviton.
I am unsure of what anyone else was able to do.

Ah, the dimmer piece is what I was missing. Thanks for clarifying.

You shouldn't need a dimmer to send the command to the Leviton. I also used a Switch to send the MultiLevel Start/Stop Change commands to the Leviton via Association.

Leviton devices have only one group to "send" to which is the Lifeline but they can receive commands from anyone in the network.

I have sent start level and stop level commands to the Leviton from the hub. In this scenario the commands work. The difference between the commands are highlighted below:

Start level is 0x00 with the hub command and 0x63 from the Inovelli dimmer.
Dimming duration is undefined in the hub command but set to 0xFF from the Inovelli dimmer.

I'm not sure if the Inovelli is sending the extra data incorrectly or the Leviton is responding incorrectly. It seems that the Inovelli controls multiple devices with how it sends commands just fine, but it also seems that the Leviton responds to the command from other devices just fine.

For the images you've posted so far, they are different.

The Innovelli was dimming down and starting from 0x63 which is 99% which is fine.
The Hub was dimming up and starting from 0% which is also fine.
Both of them also told the dimmer to ignore the start level which is also fine.

Honestly, I do not see why (from what you posted) why the Innovelli doesn't work.
If someone sends me one, I could debug it.

I do have a question from others in the group.
Why are yours sending at 9.6Kbits/sec and mine sending at 100Kbits/sec?

If you PM me your address I can send you one.

I'm not sure about that. It might be a range thing. Maybe a hub / inclusion thing? Mine were included using Hubitat C-7 non-secure.

1 Like