Issues with battery life on certain IKEA blinds

Have a few IKEA blinds that tend to require battery swaps more than the other blinds.

They all go up and down on schedule in succession so no blinds are used more or less than others.

Here is a screenshot of the events for one of the shades that eats batteries :

Here is a screenshot of the events for the blind right next to it it that does not require battery replacement as often :

Here is the list of apps the behaving blind uses :

Here is a list of the apps that the battery eating blind uses :

Both blinds use the same driver by @a4refillpad
I disabled the battery reporting app a while ago

Took me a while to get to this point, and now I’m stuck.

swap the batteries around?
There's clearly something polling the device every 10 minutes in the top screenshot.

Did you ever get this figured out?

All shades are reporting less often. So long ago I forgot about it but now that you bring it up, I haven’t had to swap batteries as often.

Unknown why only a few were really chatty when using the same driver as a blind that wasn’t as chatty.

What's your battery life been looking like between charges? I have the newer Tredansen cellular shades and I have been getting about a month out of a charge in the battery packs. They seem to die around the same time though, so it seems like I don't have a bad pack or anything. Not sure if its a polling issue in Hubitat keeping them alive when they should be sleeping, or if this blind tends to use more power when raising / lowering. Usually raised / lowered once a day, with some days moving three times but stopping halfway.

I have 3 of them currently, two that are a couple inches narrower than the third one. Today, the third (widest) one died, so I swapped a pack from one of the shorter ones into it to get it to go up. First pack wouldn't lift it (like it was dead too), but the second pack did the job. Seems they were all very low, but the last one I tried had enough juice left to move it up at least.

First charge was June 26 after I got them. Not positive I charged them to 100%, I think I just let them charge until they were installed so I could set them up without waiting on the batteries to charge fully. I charged them on July 12 as they were all dead, and now they are charging on Aug 8. If they don't even last a full month on a charge, I am going to be fairly upset. Probably going to have to pickup a spare pack just so when they die I can at least raise and lower them all to match. Really wish these had a USB port to hardwire them though, I have the ability to run power as my last blinds (DIY solution with older manual blinds) had power ran to them. Otherwise, they have been great, just wishing I could get at least 2 months out of them before needing to charge.

I haven’t kept track but most of my IKEA batteries last around 2 months or more.

The shades on the west side open to 50% at 9am. The shades on the east side open to 50% at noon. Then 2 hours before sunset the blinds on the west side close to 50%. All blinds close completely at sunset. So each blind is opened and closed every day.

I have a spare battery so no blind is ever offline.

Thanks for the info. I really just need to make another trip to Ikea and pickup a spare battery or two.

I did notice today with all 3 charging, the one that ended up closing the dead one stopped charging quicker than the other two. I even started charging it a few minutes later and it was done hours before the other two (charging them all at the same time). Not sure why this one was more charged than the others, but I will just have to keep an eye on it in the meantime.

I'm no expert in zigbee, so I'm not sure if Hubitat is polling frequently for their status, or if they just update the hub when something changes. Would be nice for them to last longer than a month, but if I have a spare it won't be as big of an issue. Either that, or I breakdown the packs and use the connectors in some sort of hardwire setup. Thought about doing that, but it just seems messy.

Time will tell how annoyed I get with charging them monthly, or maybe Ikea will drop a pack with a bit more capacity. Will be nice to see others experience with the Tredansen blinds, as I'm sure the electronics differ some from the Furtur blinds

I have not been able to find them on Amazon nor eBay.

Us old folks don’t like walking that crazy maze-like madness so we usually opt to let them pick it and have it waiting at the service desk which is by the entrance. The few times we did go in the store, we got caught behind lolly-gaggers taking up the whole aisle.
Someone on eBay is selling a USED battery for more than what IKEA sells it for new.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185528989350?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oaEDB-S8Q1G&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=m7sFJo7OQke&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Interesting that someone is selling a used one for more. I saw they have them available in store, I was going to wait until my next trip there and pick a couple up. Might be a little while, I usually only go once every few months, if that