Issues in 2.2.4 Latest

Nice. I didn’t know that capability was previously possible.

No cut/paste are currently supported.

@Angus_M has been asking for cut/copy/paste.

2 Likes

Correct! It would make the creation of some rules much quicker/easier (for example, those with complex statements/conditionals using multiple custom actions which take many clicks to set up, whereas just a few clicks to edit).

1 Like

This will solve an issue with one of my messier rules...glad to hear that it is in the pipeline!

Does this new function effectively provide an answer to this request then? If so, yippee!

Actually @bravenel has not stated it’s in the pipeline. @Angus_M has requested it and I believe Bruce hasn’t acknowledged the request yet.

:wink:

I think he's talking about the actual fix that Bruce has committed to...

1 Like

Yes. I means that Wait for Conditions can have a complex set of conditions, essentially the same as what you can do with IF conditions THEN...

5 Likes

Words are getting tossed around without definition. What are you asking for? In more detail...

2 Likes

Awesome. This is a great enhancement and brings this part of the code in line with other areas. Cool!

We have Cut/Paste of rule lines in RM. I'd like Copy/Paste.

2 Likes

I'll look into it.

Update. Having looked at it, it's not that easy.

This is actually quite ugly. Conditions are quite complex objects, with settings from user selections, including device selections.

I don't intend to take this on.

2 Likes

Yeah I was talking about the wait for complex conditions that Bruce mentioned.

1 Like

Always appreciate you chatting with us and considering options.
Thank you.

1 Like

What about the option to only copy simple things like actions?

For me that's the bit that would be useful. Conditions are usually only used once in a rule but actions like set variable are used multiple times depending on the conditions.

So by coping that you could then edit it and set it from true to false, without having to have gone through and clicked then found the variable.

Dim values of a action would be the same or colours of a lamp, easier to just adjust the parameters than creating a whole new line.

2 Likes

I actually had the same thought. Copying is not difficult for everything except Conditional Actions. I'll look at that possibility...

8 Likes

I know this was mentioned before, but any chance getting the ability to edit the name of a global or local variable?

3 Likes

OK, I've looked into this idea, and it's also pretty ugly. Not going to happen, at least not at this time.

2 Likes

It was always worth a look, thanks for doing that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No. RM doesn't keep track of every place where you use a variable, and has no straight-forward way to track them all down. It would have the same problem you would have, knowing where all of those references are. So changing a variable name won't be supported.

Funny thing is, when you write code, if you want to change a variable name you can, but you have to track down every single place it's used to make the change.

2 Likes