Issue with Sengeled Bulbs

I have 2 Sengeled Tunable bulbs in lamps that are z-wave outlet controlled.

Starting about 4 weeks ago, whenever the outlets are turned on, the bulbs will light for ~10seconds, then turn off.

When i cycle the outlet again the lights will come on and stay on.

So last night i decided to add two new sengeled RGBW lights to the lamps instead. And they are behaving the exact same way.

Now I have no idea how to troubleshoot this next.

What drivers are you using for the Sengled bulbs?

Sengeled Element Plus. I haven't changed anything recently and I have used these bulbs about 3 years with ST and Hubitat the last 2 years.

Switch over to the sengled legacy versions of the drivers.

1 Like

Alright I'll try that.

Do you have an explanation for this?

Sure, the existing drivers were modified to handle a known firmware bug. These bulbs, and any smart bulb for that matter were and are not designed to be controlled by a standard light switch, so this is not an operating state that we test or suppprt.
Due to the number of customers that actually depend on this unsupported behaviour the older drivers were published for those that prefer this functionality.

3 Likes

Well first attempt seems promising. The overnight test will really prove it out .

Is the behavior when controlled by a switch different than the behavior after a power outage?

Obviously not.

1 Like

This did the trick! Thank you. The WAF dropped hard when the lights start flickering.