Issue with Lutron Shade and C7 Hub

I just hit a wall and need some insights.

I have been using Hubitat ecosystem for the past few years with a C4 Hub with more than 50 Lutron devices and 1 shade without any issues. I decided to upgrade to a C7 hub and moved everything over the new hub.

On the new C7 hub, all Lutron devices like dimmers, switches, pico remote are working very well without any issues, one exception my Lutron shade. This is where the confusion start as the shade is working fine when I use the Lutron app. It is working fine on my old C4 hub that is still live.

I send a command 'Set Position = 50% from the device on my C7 hub, physically the shade will move by 1% but on the Lutron app it will be at 50% open. I will try the same command on my C4 with no issue.

The configuration is extremely simple, the Lutron ID, driver name are all fine. I completely reset the shade from the Luton app and recreate it in Hubitat. No luck!

Would love to hear what I can try next?

So look at your configuration list in the lutron integration and make sure it's properly set.

s,xx,shade name (xx is the id number of the device in the lutron hub, this will be in your integration report generated from the lutron app). Make sure the lowercase s is on the line as well. then click done.

2 Likes

Yes it’s all good! ID=47 on both hubs, C4 and C7. Again when I issue a command Set Position 50% on my shade on C4 hub it is working fine and on the C7 barely moves by a few %.

hmmm... compare the drivers on both.... That seems strange.

2 Likes

It is very strange i believe you! I tried to recreate this device 10 times already, hard to go wrong with the configuration of the shade device.

2 Likes

Time to get some logs.

1. Open the Lutron Telnet device on both the C-4 and C-7.
  2. Turn on debug logging and descriptionText logging.
  3. Then open Live Logs on both hubs.
  4. Open the shade device and send the same command.
  5. Post both log outputs.

Also, can you cut and paste just the entry for the shade from the Lutron integrator from both hubs?

2 Likes

Under the driver, is it showing lutron switch or lutron shade? I just ran a test and it defaulted to switch. Oh and I made a mistake, it should be e not s... so in your case the line should read e,47,whatever the shade name is

1 Like

![CleanShot 2023-01-14 at 14.34.10@2x|521x499]

1 Like

Can you post a cap of the integration line?

3 Likes

Can you tell me where to go in order to get the integration line? Thanks!

1 Like

yourhubip>>APPS>>lutron integrator>>your integration,,, cap the line with your shade these lines

1 Like

Ahh you're using interactive format instead of interactive setup... That said it looks correct. At this point I would defer to someone like @mike.maxwell.

Thanks for your help @rlithgow1 and looking forward hearing back from @mike.maxwell

Whats the issue?

I just hit a wall and need some insights.

I have been using Hubitat ecosystem for the past few years with a C4 Hub with more than 50 Lutron devices and 1 shade without any issues. I decided to upgrade to a C7 hub and moved everything over the new hub.

On the new C7 hub, all Lutron devices like dimmers, switches, pico remote are working very well without any issues, one exception my Lutron shade. This is where the confusion start as the shade is working fine when I use the Lutron app. It is working fine on my old C4 hub that is still live.

I send a command 'Set Position = 50% from the device on my C7 hub, physically the shade will move by 1% but on the Lutron app it will be at 50% open. I will try the same command on my C4 with no issue.

The configuration is extremely simple, the Lutron ID, driver name are all fine. I completely reset the shade from the Luton app and recreate it in Hubitat. No luck!

Would love to hear what I can try next?

Can you re enable the lutron integration on your c4 and see if the problem exists on the c4? You can have lutron running on both hubs simultaneously...

I just re-tested it and same device on my old C4 hub is working like a charm, that is the strange thing! I left a few screenshots in this thread above.

Let me know if you want me to test something else with the Lutron shade.

I did more testing on my C7 hub with the Lutron shade. When I issue the Set Position to 50 it will only move by +5%. In order to open it to 50% I added the repeat function 10 times in RM. when I want to close it I use the Set Position to 0 and this will move it by -5%.