Issue with Kwikset 910 Lock

I just unpaired, excluded, my 910 from ST. Then paired with HE. Paired right up. But I can't do anything. Can't unlock, lock, or anything. No errors in logs. Not sure where to go from here.

Well, I give up. Excluded it, had to use ST to exclude. Got my hub to 3 inches from lock. Started pairing. Immediately found but stuck on initializing. Rebooted hub, repeated everything. Same result. Tired of messing with it.

Hope you get some help on this due the fact that I have just started migrating from ST this week. Have the same 910 Z-Wave lock that has always worked fine in ST. Hope it will do the same with HE. So far the few devices I have switched have worked fine. Gonna hold off on the lock until I see more responses.......

I had to reset the lock. Follow the directions to do that then repair it to the hub.

I think ST makes changes to the locks configuration that breaks HE control.

After I calm down gonna try repairing in ST. I'll let you know how that goes. So far every other device I have moved has been great.

Ok, did a complete reset. Then tried pairing. Took 3 tries but finally paired. So far its working.

1 Like

I had to exclude and then disable the z-wave on my ST hub to get mine to pair. It was like ST is Z-blocking HE. My hub is a good 30 feet from the lock so it wasn't distance, I think it was radio bandwidth interference.

Had my Kwikset 910 for years and it has never performed properly since day one. Response is always very slow. Many times I don't get alerts until an hour after an event. I have a strong mesh. Battery life also is not that great as I seem to be replacing them every 3 months. Maybe time to try another lock.

Curious if those with problems have Z-Wave or Zigbee? I originally bought mine with Z-Wave but it was horrible. Since replacing the module with a Zigbee board, it's not been perfect but very good.

1 Like

Both my 912 & YRD256 have Zigbee modules are working very well. Responsive, decent battery life etc. No complaints. I changed the YRD256 from Z-Wave to Zigbee a few years ago.

However I suspect Z-Wave now would be fine as well given the Hubs radio firmware updates and my improving my knowledge and experience on maintaining a relatively decent mesh in my environment.

I've been running a ZWave 914 for about 3 years, and a 620 for about 6 months without issue once they settle down. I did notice that it was several days before they seemed to settle into a good route, and the ZWave firmware updates did seem to solidify their performance.

1 Like

I have a 910 and a 914. Where did you get the firmware update? Their website says no updates are available.

Sorry should have been more clear. Was speaking of the HE ZWave updates.