Issue with Hubitat version 2.2.6.130 and Inovelli Button 7 (Config/"Favorite") button?

I got my C7 back in February. Since then I have installed 18 Inovelli Red Series dimmers (LZW31-SN) )( "RD"), Five of their Black Series on/off switches (LZW30) and 5 of their Red Series Fan/Lights (LZW36).

While I have had instances of button pushes not working for a brief period of time they all have been working for the most part. However, something strange started happening the other day after I installed 2.2.6.130 and their button 7 on the Red dimmers. (the small button in the upper right that is the config/favorite button).

I have an Alexa Good Night routine that turns off my TV, turns off some other lights and then turns my Outer Hall light to 35%. It’s been working for about the 1 week - 10 days since I created that routine. Yesterday, suddenly, everything worked except the Outer Hall light didn’t turn on. Likewise, I have an Alexa Good Morning routine that also turns on this light to 35%, turns on the lights the good night routine turns off, and turns on the tv. I also did that one earlier yesterday morning and it worked fine.

I also have a Hubitat rule to turn it on to 35% with a button 7 push which was working fine. In fact, I used it yesterday morning. When the Good Night routine didn’t turn on this light I tried physically pushing button 7. That didn’t work either. After turning the light on and off with a physical button 1 push/held several times it suddenly started working again.

Then when I went to bed last night I was glad to see that the good night routine worked and that light came on to 35% as it was supposed to. However, I have 2 Red dimmers in my bathroom that are supposed to do the same thing with a button 7 push. Neither one worked, but the button 1 push/held (i.e. pushing the paddle up or down one time) worked fine. I then tried pushing button 7 on two RDs that can turn a light on in my closet. I got the same results: i.e. button 7 didn't work but turning them on/off from the paddle worked fine. I then tried a switch in another hallway, the switch for my kitchen and the switch for my dinning room. All of them reacted the exact same way. So that was 7 switches all turning on and off from the main paddle but not from button 7. If it had been one, or maybe even two of them, I could have thought it was the physical switch but 7 seems unlikely in the extreme. Plus, after a few minutes they all started working again with button 7. And, as a last factor, that good night routine is supposed to turn the Outer Hall light off after 2 minutes, but it didn't. I had to physically push the paddle down to turn it off.

The only thing that has changed is that I installed Hubitat's hub update to version 2.2.6.130 just the other day. So it seems something isn't communicating properly between the 2 with this release and a button 7 push on Inovelli's Red dimmers.

My first thought was that maybe you inadvertently enabled the "disable physical on/off 750ms delay" parameter, which also disables multi-taps, but that shouldn't affect the config button (I just checked too, and it didn't). Beyond that, I don't believe anything changed in 2.2.6 that should have affected the behavior of this button. Is it a consistent problem? If not, it could be a mesh issue or other problem. One thing you could try is keeping debug logging enabled and see if anything gets logged when you tap the config button. It's possible a report is coming in from the device and Inovelli's driver isn't parsing it correctly, but again I don't think any 2.2.6 changes should have affected that. I tested mine and it's working as expected for me, but I'm using my own custom driver instead of Inovelli's. Hubitat has a built-in driver you could use too if you want to rule out the driver as a possible problem (note that a config button tap is "button 3 pushed" for the built-in driver).

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned before, I have had issues ever since I got them with buttons not working at times, but it had always been isolated to one button or another. This is the first time I ever noticed a mass problem and all just with button 7, not the on/off function. (Before it was usually that I couldn't turn on a light at all).

Since they are all working right now I'll have to keep an eye on it.

So button 7 is working now ? so many buttons just want to be sure :slight_smile:
Reason I ask is because when I updated to 2.2.6...I had to go into each Invoelli device I have and hit config to get my buttons to work.

Yes, it was totally and only button 7. So I went and tried all my other RDs and sure enough button 7 wasn't working at first on any of them. I turned the lights on/off with the paddle and pushed 7 a few times and it started working. I'm not sure if it was the multiple pushes or just X amount of time elapsed from when I first pushed them until it started to work again. I do want to add that I have not created any rules or anything like that using modes, so the time of day shouldn't matter.

So it seems there was absolutely something with 2.2.6.130 that did it.

03/31/2021 Update:
So I suddenly started getting the problem with the button 7 push not working again last night around midnight on my 2 bathroom switches. A button 1 push or held worked just fine. (Turning the lights on and off). It was too late to try other switches or go get the logs.

This morning and just now (about 11:54 am 03/31/2021) then were working just fine.
I went into Past Logs but it only went back to about 9;30 am. At the bottom it says it is loading past logs, but nothing more came up. (I'm not sure if there is a way to get the past log to go further back than about 2 hours).

Just so I could post some logs in the hopes it would help I went and pushed button 7, then button 1 held (off), button 1 pushed (on) and then a button 1 held again. But, this was after I upgraded to 2.2.6.133.

Here is the 11:54 am log:

1 Like