Issue with 2.3.4.130: Local Dashboard

I'm not sure if this affects everyone, but @gopher.ny - I've noticed that in the latest release thermostat tiles are unresponsive if you are looking at them on the local link. They seem to work fine on the cloud link.

1 Like

I am seeing the same. Pressing the up/down buttons will actually generate actions, but the number won’t go up.

The Mode and Fan buttons don’t always bring up the prompt to select the mode / fan. (In my case, the Mode button will bring up the prompt for one driver, but not another in local mode. Works for both in cloud.)

I didn’t realize until now that this was only an issue for the local mode!

Looks like this is only for built in thermostat driver. I have user sinope thermostat driver and it's working with my local dashboard. I can control up and down with my heat baseboard. Not sure about other mode since I have only baseboard heat.

1 Like

Yeah, was about to ask what drivers you are running for the thermostats, would be worth ruling that out first.

Can you control the thermostats from their device page?

I can’t control my Sinopé’s modes with local dashboard, but I can raise and lower the temperature and the number will change.

I also have a HVAC driver for my Fujitsu and for this one, neither the modes or fan modes work. Pressing the arrows up/down do work, but the numbers don’t change. The dashboard needs to be re-loaded to show the change.

Yes, they can be controlled from the device page. The issue seems to be limited to local dashboards for me.

1 Like

Are there any JavaScript error in the browser console (F12 on Chrome)?

1 Like

I was seeing this both in the app and in Safari, but just tried it in Chrome and yup, there were a few that appeared depending on what I did in local mode:

No errors in Cloud mode when doing the same.

1 Like

Since this is a discussion about the Thermostat tile on local dashboards, I'd like to ask a question to the people here who have a thermostat tile on local dashboards.

Do you think that it makes sense to use a virtual thermostat device, on a thermostat tile, to get some input numbers from the user? i.e. I would make up a virtual thermostat device, I would put it out there on a thermostat tile, and that way get input from the user.

What's your opinion about doing it this way?

It would likely be confusing as there are also Mode and Fan buttons on the tile. I know a “Hub Variable” tile will allow number input, I wonder if others might…?

1 Like

I am also having a problem with the built in Thermostat local tile. I have been heating with a wood stove this year and when I went to finally use the boiler I noticed the tile no longer works. The tile does reflect that the thermostat is at a temp, that it is heating and the current temp. But the arrows/buttons dont work at all. The tile flashed when pressed but nothing happens. Just thought I would drop in my two cents worth. I am currently running 2.3.4.130

1 Like

FWIW running 2.3.4.130. I have an EcoBee thermostat. The thermostat tile is working fine for me.

Thanks, It wasn't working the other day and today......Magic! It's working just like it used to!
One of us (Hubitat or me) is going crazy.

On the latest firmware and I still have this issue unfortunately. Problem started a couple of months ago which seems to coincide with when this thread was started.
Anyone else still experiencing this? @Sebastien??

I'm using the Broadlink HVAC driver as well and I can change temp (it displays temp changes correctly as well), but can't select heating/cooling mode or fan modes.
Cloud works perfectly, local doesn't.

I can confirm the same issue in 2.3.5.141. Able to see the modes screen when the dashboard is in cloud mode, but not when it is in local mode.

@gopher.ny - anything we can provide to help?

1 Like

Going to get to it eventually, sorry about the delays...

2 Likes

Any updates on this @gopher.ny ?
Would really appreciate getting this functionality back from my local dashboards.