Issue when executing Alexa Goodnight Routine

I have built a routine for locking all of my locks and turning off all of my room lights when I go to bed. It appears that when I execute the routine, RM rules that turn on lights appear to lock up and not execute. Is it possible that the Alexa interface is eating all of my HE execution time?

No it's not possible. Can you manually execute the rules? Sounds like you may simply have a problem with one of them.

My zigbee fan drops in and out, is it possible that it is waitng for the command to time out

I'm not saying that's the issue, but devices that are not behaving can cause issues of various flavors. Try removing the fan from your rule and try executing via Alex again.

Oh, and is this the Hampton Bay controller? Many have had issues with that until they added a Zigbee repeater very near the fan.

I added the an outlet nearby the other day. I am forcing the mesh rebuild today

1 Like

Not sure what repeaters owners of that are using. You might look at the Hampton Bay fan controller and King of Fans threads for recommendations.

I don't understand what this means. Do you mean that after the routine runs other rules don't work? Or are rules executing at the same time as Alexa is trying to turn the lights off?

It appeared all of the other rules stopped executing until the routine was completed

What rules did you expect to execute at the same time? You said Alexa was turning all the lights off. The hub can only do so many things at once.

Would you post the rules so we have a better idea of what is happening?