Is this a Motion Lighting bug or am I using it wrong?

I want Motion Lighting to control my "Closet Lights" (a Lutron dimmer switch) via motion, but I also want to be able to turn off the lights from the physical switch, or from HomeKit, or from Alexa. Pretty simple ask I thought, but not so much. I first had the issue of Motion Lighting not turning the lights on if I had turned them off via other means because it thought the light was still on. Okay, makes since I guess (although I would argue Motion Lighting should by default subscribe to off events of any lights it controls so it knows), so I added "Closet Lights" to the "Switches to turn off lights" setting. That worked in the sense that Motion Lighting now knows the proper state of the lights and always turns them on when it should now, but it caused a side effect of Motion Lighting sending an additional off command to "Closet Lights" each time they are turned off, whether it's Motion Lighting turning them off due to motion inactive or me turning them off via HomeKit. Practically, there is no consequence to this, but the extra redundant off command bothers me because it's just unnecessary, and plus it is polluting the airwaves with an additional Lutron RF off signal that doesn't need to be sent.

My questions are:

1. Why does it do that? Is it a bug?
  2. Is there a way to make it stop? Is my rule just configured wrong?

Here's screenshots of the rule config and the rule in action showing the redundant off command.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Motion lighting doesn't work after turning off lights with button