Is there an app or driver to alert if it is likely to freeze overnight?

Is there an app or driver to alert if it is likely to freeze overnight?

i.e uses weather forecast data from an online source?

I use this driver. And have a rule that alerts me if the forecasted morning low is below freezing and for excessive wind speed. There is some kind of issue now with getting the free key. If I remember correctly you can get a free key, but you now must provide a credit card, in case you exceed your monthly polling limits. Luckily I set mine up way before they started that.

I did see this one, and forgot to mention I am in the UK. Is this US only?

No, you can put in any location data. Just don't have it poll more than every 30 mins or they'll shut the api account down.

1 Like

I have just set this up and see:

any ideas? I can't find much documentation but have setup my API (already have one and it works with the existing app)

That would indicate you hub is not reporting sunrise time. Suggest you verify hub location coordinates and a hub reboot.

Where did that come from? I have never heard of them shutting down any API Key that was not exceeding their 1,000 polls per day limit on the OneCall API. Even if you polled every two minutes you would only be at 720 poll per day.

I accidentally set mine to poll every minute, they shut me down and emailed me asking if I wanted a pro account. After a few back and forth emails I realized what I had done and dialed it back and they reopened the account

This was exactly it, not sure why this wasn't complete but all done now, thank you.

Did they confirm it has to be even less frequent than every 30 mins?

Sounds like every minute exceeds the published daily limit, but every two minutes would not.

Thank you for the clarification. That is very different than...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.