Is there a way to suspend an app?

I have some cloud based apps installed like Echo Speaks, Ecobee, etc. What I'm finding now that my internet is down, is my log is filled with errors from apps that can't make it out to the internet.

Is there an easy way to suspend an app without uninstalling? I could imagine a kill switch that can be toggled by RM, NR or WC.

You can disable it in the app list.

Not sure if that will do the trick.

1 Like

I was going to remote to my desktop at home to look at my settings then I just realized I can't... :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

You have to click this faint "X" at the top corner of the App page to get that Disable red checkbox to show up.

1 Like

Now you’ve got another thing added to your shopping /wish list - a 4g failover router.
Perfect for times like this when your internet connection goes down but you still need remote access.

I don't think I would have seen that, I will check when I get home in 3 hours... and counting!

@njanda I placed an order earlier :slight_smile: I had posted in another thread inquiring about cellular backup.

1 Like

None of us have. We have all had to read it here somewhere. :smile:

Can apps be disabled only by the UI or can they be disabled using RM or NR as well?

I've only ever been successful at pausing a rule in RM. I haven't found the need to disable a rule in node red, but I'm sure that one is possible. Seems almost anything is possible in node red with the right guidance.

Yeah I have used pausing rules in RM to prevent infinite feedback between two rules, but I have never seen anyone able to disable apps from RM, I wonder if this would be simple to implement for the hubitat staff.

I think it was asked in the past. When they are disabled, the system does not technically see them at all. When they are paused, the system still evaluates them but does not act on it. So mainly used in troubleshooting so that you don't have to lose your work when you're hashing out a problem.

But there is no way to pause APPS right? Only rules can be paused.

It's not going to make the UI representative guide for intuitive interfaces ... a bit like Dashboards manageable in their own app and a left hand drop down entry !

2 Likes

The X is there, you guys weren't making it up LOL.

Edit: hmm I disabled the ES app but the individual Echos are still trying to communicate with alexa.amazon.com for its properties etc.

I think you can disable the individual echo devices as well which may stop their communication.

1 Like

You are right! There is another X in the device list.

And you can disable them via rule (you just have to use the HTTP post for the disabling

Here is the one for device list.

I am sure the one for apps is about the same

2 Likes

Interesting, do you know if that works with hub security enabled?

I haven’t messed around with it enough to know for sure. You might be able to post the login then post the command to disable in the same rule. You would have to test it out