Is there a way to add "last seen" time and battery percent to a Temperature dashboard tile?

I use some Iris Zigbee contact sensors to track temperature in fridges and freezers.

Unfortunately a Temperature dashboard tile only shows the Temperature, not any other device parameters.

If I want to see if the device is healthy I have to inspect the logs or the device page or configure some other kind of watchdog app.

For my needs it would be fine if I could just add a string like "last seen 1 hour ago" and "battery 90%" to the dashboard tile.

How can I make that happen?

Simplest ways is to overlay 2-3 tiles with transparent backgrounds to get what you want, i.e.

2 Likes

Hey, neat trick! How do you change the icon location though? My battery tile shows the info in the center, same as the temperature.

Have to play with the CSS a little (Cog wheel | Advanced | CSS)

#tile-18 .tile-primary {
   display:block;
   position:absolute;
   top:33%;
   width:50%;
}

#tile-19 .tile-primary {
   display:block;
   position:absolute;
   left:33%;
   top:33%;
}
#tile-19 {
   background:transparent;
   border-left:none;
2 Likes

Ah, got it... Makes sense. Thanks!

1 Like

Do you know if there is any way to show on the dashboard the last time the temperature was reported? I'm trying to display the "last update time" or "last activity time" that is held in the device details.

I think Last Update is most likely the last time the device was saved. Last Activity is what you are after, which unfortunately does no appear in the list for attributes when creating an attribute tile.

If you want it captured for a single device you may need to look at a virtual device and a rule, but let's wait to see if anyone else come's up with anything before going down that line. Your other option would be Device Watchdog which has an activity report, but that is more about monitoring of groups of devices more so that an individual device. Other than those, I'm not sure what access we may have to device events, they may be able to be used in some way as well... But I can't offer any experience there...

1 Like

Looks like I was wrong.... Last Update is the last activity :slight_smile:

Just note the update timing for the details shown on the tile.

1 Like

Sweet! Thanks.

1 Like