Is there a fingerbot device that works with HE?

As far as I can see all fingerbot like devices work on BT and won't integrate with HE, but maybe someone found one that does work with it.

@tomw has written a Switchbot integration that uses their Cloud API. Available here:

3 Likes

So if I understand correctly I will still need to use a Switchbot hub and integrate it to HE?

Yes, you need a SwitchBot hub.

1 Like

FWIW, @tomw's integration works great, so if you're on the fence, give SwitchBot a whirl.

I'm using a couple SB HubMinis to IR control some dumb window fans, and this integration has been a big win for me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I read that the hub needs to be in the same room as the bot. Is this correct also with the HE integration or when the integration is complete the HE can control the bot and extend the range?

I'm asking because I intend to use the bot 4-5 meters from the HE/Mini hub

It just needs to be near enough for the BLE (Bluetooth) connection to be reliable between the bot and hub.

I have my hub two rooms over from one meter, with four walls between. That is very reliable. I have another meter that is outside my house and inside a wood shed. That occasionally disconnects, but it's still pretty reliable.

1 Like

So here's my living room.

My HE is placed behind the center speaker and the switchbot will be 4 meters away. Will it work?

Another option is to place the mini-hub above the floorstand speaker. I have a USB charging station there and it will be exactly the between the HE position and where I intend to use the switchbot.

I think that will be fine.

One thing to remember is that the Bluetooth connection is between the hub mini and bot. The hub mini connects over wifi, ultimately to the cloud.

There is no need for proximity between the hub mini and your Hubitat hub, so you can tuck the hub mini anywhere that has good wifi reception while also being close enough to the bot for a reliable connection to it.

1 Like

Great! Thanks very much :smiling_face:

1 Like

Just noticed that Switchbot are not shipping to my country (Israel) :frowning:
Very strange as they ship to all of our neighboring countries but not to us.

They also blocked Israel from all the Amazon sites and they are not sold on other popular Chinese sites. I've sent them a query, I hope they'll reply.

That is very weird, did you used to have Amazon?

What do you mean by "used to have Amazon?"

Since when had Amazon stopped shipping to Israel.

Oh, they still ship to Israel.
I meant only for switchbot products. Sorry if I wasn't clear about it.

There is a zigbee version now of the Fingerbot.

I just got the zigbee version of Fingerbot and installed it using the driver on HPM.
In PUSH mode, it works but only responds to every other PUSH command. Push, fingerbot responds, Push, nothing, Push, Fingerbot responds, Push, nothing.
In switch mode Fingerbot responds to every on/off command as expected.

You should post on the thread noted above for good response.
It works for me, but I don't want to test it, since it's actually in service, lol.
This is what I have;