Is there a 3rd party that can do Alarm Monitoring?

While it's great to be able to monitor what I need with pushes to my phone and whatnot, it's not enough for a true alarm system. I have plenty of contact, motion and flood sensor but without central monitoring, it's not enough. It seems every alarm company requires their own panel or the like. Is there one out there that'll just integrate into an existing system or API? I can see especially with things like MakerAPI, it would be really simple to send a signal to some 3rd party with a status.
So anyone aware of an alarm company that does this?

Saw this posted a little while back. No experience with it.

I was just going to post that. :slight_smile:

That is the only option for monitoring I know of. Note, though, that it requires an internet connection (there is no cellular backup). So no internet - no alert to monitoring company.

1 Like

I am ok with that as long as they call in the event of internet outage. That's what I had with a previous alarm company that also used internet for monitoring. I am OK with that arrangement.

Pretty sure they do NOT call in event of internet outage, but you would have to investigate that.

It does not notify in the event of an internet outage.

You could get a dual WAN router that can failover to a 4G modem in the event your primary internet connection goes down.

That's what I have... Not the cheapest option, but works great. In my case I justified it by DROPPING my 24/7 alarm monitoring contract to offset the cost. :smile:

1 Like

I use AT&T digital life with the homecloudhub integration. This allows me to use the window sensors from AT&T in HE and also keeps my alarm system online because digital life has it's own wireless service.

Can you expand on this set-up? How to set it up? Costs? Equipment?

I currently have a cell unit, but considering moving to Noonlight; just concerned about how easy it would be to simply snip the coaxial cable and kill my internet before breaking in.

I'm late to this discussion, sorry...

I wanted to mention this since this is my setup.

I have an AT&T Cellular modem that I use for failover, I have a regular commodity price type router, in my case a TrendNet TEW-824DRU that has dd-wrt loaded and configured using the following dd-wrt dual wan setup as shown Dual WAN with failover - DD-WRT Wiki

I work from home, and have to have internet on at all times possible. Due to the age of the cable system in my area, and honestly how agressively Comcast is expanding and upgrading here, we have outages unfortunately not allways announced in the middle of the day. I can't have my Teams meetings with staff overseas just cut oout on me in the middle of a conversation.

This would get you the failover to cellular function you are looking for monitored security. Just make sure your modem, router, hub etc... are on UPS devices as well.