Is switchtogglemultilevelv1 implemented in Hubitat?

My question: is class switchtogglemultilevelv1 implemented in Hubitat?

My goal is to be able to have a dashboard tile display different text by using the attribute type referencing a virtual device state that can have multiple values / states etc. I guess it would be like making some sort of global value container. I thought perhaps I could use the above class to accomplish this.

BTW I am not familiar with drivers and groovy so I'm stumbling through.

Thanks
John

It is, however it's a command class specifically for talking up Z-Wave devices, so not sure how it's going to help you with dashboarding.

Dashboards display attribute values, these are the "Current states" that you see in the upper left hand corner of the driver details.

Within most dashboarding systems these are constrained to a specific set of named attributes that are derived from a devices capability set.

Changes in attribute values generate system events, these are what applications subscribe to, and are the foundation of automations in an event driven system such as HE.

I'm not aware of a standard attribute that allows for free form text.

Using a declaration at the top of a custom driver for any attribute, like this attribute "weather", "string" will allow Hubitat Dashboard to then display the string that a send event to it will generate and it will update dashboard when that attribute "weather" is then changed.

3 Likes

Thank you both for your answers. I will try to follow Patrick's suggestion.

I'ts great to get such a fast response from the folks who know.

Regards,

John

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.