Sms fased out? Alternatives

Is it true HT sms is no longer working.
Jp

Yes it's gone replaced by a notification to the Hubitat phone app or a Twilio($) device.

2 Likes

Hasn't that been gone for a while? I paid the 4$ for pushover. Very reliable. I've been super happy with it.

5 Likes

I find the HE app's notification feature to be very reliable.. Haven't missed a notification yet..

1 Like

Yes, since last summer.

Edit: actually 2.1.5 was released on 9/26, and that’s when sms functionality was officially retired. So I guess that was in the Fall, technically :maple_leaf:.

4 Likes

That's true too. I do use the HE app as well for different notifications as well. I forgot I was using it, so if that was the case, it's been fine. :grin:

3 Likes

Same. What I most love about it is you get to see the history, were with normal HE app notifications I can't go back and look at status. That history becomes useful for me.

5 Likes

Oh yes! It does! I've been tracking arrival and departure times to try to get something worked out with my garage door opener. It's been so helpful with that because I can see all of it until it's deleted. It's been nice. Also another great feature is you can set up a different notification with a different sound, so you can kind've delegate importance by the notification sound that plays. Presence - tinkle .. meh Hubbs is home. door open- ring-a-ling ... better check the camera. Some are silent for troubleshooting purposes. It's a great app. I agree 100%

2 Likes

I too am a big fan of pushover -- I have found other ways to use it as well. Hubitat app notifications are fine, but the app randomly logs out every couple of weeks which means notifications just stop until I realize that I need to log back in. Pushover has been 100% for me.

1 Like

+1 for Pushover

I pay for it to use both in work stuff as well as Hubitat stuff, rock solid notification service

2 Likes

Thanks to all
I’ve been trying for a week to make it work :confounded:

1 Like

Can’t go wrong by checking out the hub documentation.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat_Elevation_Documentation

It has a section that describes in detail how to setup notifications, and also pages that cover the twilio and pushover drivers.

2 Likes