Is it possible to see what voltage the Hub is seeing?

I was wondering if it's possible to access what the Hub is seeing for voltage, similarly to temperature? I wonder if this would be in @thebearmay 's wheelhouse?

1 Like

Donโ€™t know of an endpoint that give me that, but would be happy to include it if there is one.

I wonder if @mike.maxwell would know?

The HE power sourse is external REGULATED power supply.
So, the external voltage is always 5.0V +/- 5% regardless what is
current line voltage which coulbe anything between 90VAC and 240VAC.
I am sure there are few internal down converts. One is 3.3V and could
be few more with lower voltage.
But why does it matter and if available what will be a use case?

Powered by a pass-through battery pack (TalentCell). Would like to shut down hub during a power outage when voltage delivered to the USB-C connection drops below a certain point.

Even if the voltage could be measured, the discharge profile of Li-ion batteries could make that kind of automation very difficult.

FWIW, what you wish to do is pretty simple with any conventional UPS supported by apcupsd.

1 Like

While that method could be very exacting, there is a less exacting but usable method. If the UPS has a capacity of 8000 mAh and the hub consumes 200mA you could shut down after 30 hours, which would be 6000mAh, leaving a cushion of 2000mAh.
300mA is a more accurate power consumption
See this post for accurate run times:

In a longer power outage, power here would be in and out, depending on when a generator was running.

I have one of those usb digital meters, I just wish it could be zigbee or zwave. Looking online, there seem to a number of wireless battery monitors, but they're all bluetooth or wifi.

I just thought this value could possibly be available natively.

1 Like

You can create whatever you want with Hubduino.
Yes, this is DIY project.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.