Is it possible to have Dashboard Tile as Folder?

Having a bunch of devices on my dashboard, and having a small 8inch tablet for main terminal, has become quite challenging.

Figured I could group devices by ROOM / AREA or type instead of showing all of them on home screen.

Is this possible in hubitat's dashboard? Is there a FOLDER tile where i can move some devices into?

someone suggested creating many dashboards and using link - feels clunky, but is this the only way?

Sure. I have things divided basically by room or by function. You can create as many "folders" as you like.

While you could put a link from one dash to another, why not just return to the home dashboard screen and select the desired room?

Or are you trying to somehow have a default dashboard (the one with the device tiles) and linking to other dashboards from there? In that case links would be fairly easy. You would end up with a button that says "kitchen" or whatever along side your switches and dimmers.

1 Like

I have multiple dashboards for multiple categories. I have a second C7 in my barn so there is a wide variety of things i check on.
I use dashboard links for them all and it works very well.

2 Likes

I would also suggest starting with small, easy to navigate set of dashboards where you can get to what you want in just a few clicks.

That said, I have kind of done what you are after using an iFrame device and a second dashboard I don't technically use it on any dashboards I use regularly.... But it works...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.