Is it possible to automatically change dashboard based on a condition?

I tried looking up but can't seem to find something. Is it possible for Hubitat to change dashboard based on a condition? Just an example, but a living room dashboard can change to a simplier movie night dashboard Friday and Saturday nights and return back to regular dashboard during the day?

Yes, depending on your setup. If you use Fully Kiosk Browser (often referred to as 'fully') as the browser to display the dashboards, then installing this custom device driver will allow for the creation of automations that change the dashboard and many more things as well.

I have a tablet mounted on the wall in my foyer. When a camera senses motion and/or a doorbell is rung, the tablet screen will turn on and display my "camera" dashboard. This is just one of several ways I automate my tablet with the custom device posted above.

1 Like

I do something similar but use Node Red and have Tasker app installed on my Android phone. As part of my Watch Movie routine, Node Red sends a Tasker Join Notification to trigger my phone and it simply opens the URL of correct dashboard in response.

I have never tried it but Tasker might be able to react to HE notifications then you could use RM instead of Node Red. Or, if you already use notifications with Pushover or similar, it would work to trigger Tasker.

1 Like