Is Capture / Restore still broken in Rule 4.0?

@bravenel Can you look into this?

In Rule Machine, using Rule 4.0, I have the following rule:

In my Pantry, I have an always on can light, with a Lightify LED and a NYCE door hinge on the pantry door.

I am trying to capture the color / state of my Zigbee (Lightify) LED when I open the door, then set the build to bright white light. When I close the door, I want the state restored.

In this model, if the door is closed, I want to be able to set my light using alexa, and that will the the door-closed state.

In my test, I close the door, and when the Hubitat confirms it is closed, I manually set the LED color to RED, and the level to 20. I wait about 10 seconds, then open the door. The light turn to white, and level 99. I close the door, and the light stays white, and dims.

Here, I set the light to RED/20% as described.

I then open and check the captured state in the rule:

I see here, Value = 100, CM = RGB, Value = 20 -- HueValue = null though...

After I closed the door, the state was restored as:

If I set it to any hue Value between 1 and 99 it works fine. But 0 or 100 results in a failed capture with a of hueValue of Null, instead of 0 or 100.

Notice, when it gets set to 100, it is because I tell alexa to set the light to RED.

1 Like

So, you're setting the light inside your pantry when the door is closed? Do you mind if I ask why? You can't see it.

The door is mostly frosted glass, with an image, and border that are clear. So, when the door is closed, the door has a glow of whatever color/brightness I choose. A lot of people don't think about it, until they see. I was the same way. But as soon as we bought the door, I knew what I wanted to do with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK, this bug with respect to 0 has been identified and fixed for the next release. Not seeing the failure with 100.

1 Like

Thanks. I will look for the update and see if the 0 fix applies to to 100 issue too. I convinced a friend to switch from Vera, and he uses a lot of these rules. Only only use the one so far.

The 0 fix has nothing to do with 100. It would be helpful if you could show a failure for 100.

Maybe my drifted. I could have sworn I saw 100 for hue last night. But today, when I set Hue to 100 it comes back as 0. It will try again with my computer tonight.

I actually just got it to set hue to 100 by first setting to 99, then setting to 100 and the capture state worked. So, it must have been a computer rendering issue or my eyes drifted to 100 when looking for the hue.

So looks like the value of zero should fix it all.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.