Is anyone else experiencing this weird problem? All lights turn off at 1AM

This category is an extension of the FAQ and is dedicated to quick questions and answers for specific topics. If you searched the community and couldn't find the answer to your question, consider posting the question in the subject line and add any pertinent details in the body. For more details on the FAQ please visit this post: FAQ - Hubitat

Hello, my name is Bill White. Several months ago, when hubitat had several updates close together, i began to have this issue. Im not saying that a update caused the problem im about to describe, but i can't find the cause. Here goes...

Every night at 1 am, all lights turn off, the hsm alarm turns off, and i have 6 vurtial switches and 3 of the 6 turn off. If i try to turn on lights again within a minute or so of them turning off, they turn off again. After a minute or so, i can turn them back on again.

I have gone through every rule i have and every scene i have and found nothing that could cause this. I went to the event logs and cleared all events before 1 am and watched as the events happen. It looks to me that i see only the events that turn devices off, but didn't see any event that triggered these events to fire.

I also went through every rule in Sharptools dashboard and found nothing. I even disabled all rules in Sharptools before 1 am and the problem still occured.

And lastly, looked at alexa stuff that i created and found nothing there either. I am scratching my head now and wonder if i am the only one having this issue. I sware everything was working fine for so long, then around the time of the multiple updates, this started and i have no idea why.

If anyone has any ideas, please help. Thanks in advance.

If you're in the us, make sure you have Alexa hunches turned off.

2 Likes

Thank you for this tip. I turned off hunches and ill see if it fixed it at 1 am tonight. I never thought of hunches. Ill let yall know if it fixed it.

That's one that has bitten a lot of people...hopefully that simple fix will take care of it.

I don't run Alexa, but I think I read recently in a topic here about the potential that Alexa could sometimes turn hunches back on after they are turned off. @coreystup - is that actually an issue w/Alexa Hunches?

1 Like

Well, its 1 am and it just turned everything off again. I had hopes that would fix it but it didn't. If anyone has any ideas, i would love to hear from you. Thanks.

What is it saying in the logs and hub events? Do you have a specific rule turning off everything that could be activated?

1 Like

I know it sounds obvious, but have you restarted the Hub? And also, in Hub settings have you checked your hub is in the right time zone?

As i stated i only see events firing to turn stuff off but do not see anything tha caused these events to fire. The hub is in the correct time zone and time. I have many timed and sunset and sunrise rules that are working fine. I told alexa to turn off hunches and she replies hunches are off.

I've gone through every rule and have nothing that could cause this. Whats wierd about this is it always happens at 1 am. Im stumped.

how about external tools or apps? anything connected via Maker? a dashboard with features? webcore? links to Google home?

On the device page, if you go to events, what does the Produced by column say for the off events?

4 Likes

I have alexa devices and a sharp tools dashboard. I have disabled all rules before 1 am and it still turned off. I am going to look at the events again and let you know. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.