Iris V2 Keypad - Can’t get PANIC to work

I have two V2 keypads. Both work fine except I can’t seem to get PANIC function to work. I do have that option turned on in device settings. Any help appreciated. I searched the forum for an answer/solution but couldn’t find one.

Are you trying to hit panic when HSM is disarmed or in an armed state?

Actually I may have only tried while disarmed. Does it have to be armed to work?

The panic button will trip whatever alarm state HSM is in at the time. If it's disarmed, there's nothing to trip. If you don't currently use both Night and Home you can try it out by using the one you don't use, so you don't have to actually set off your normal HSM monitoring rules.

Hmmmm. Just tried after arming. Keypad started beeping and flashing but alarm/siren didn’t activate.

What state was HSM in? I've never tried it myself so I am not sure that it is tied into HSM at all. Also, what did you have HSM set up to alarm as in this case?

I put it ARMED HOME and tried, I have HSM set up to turn on all lights and sound Siren and Strobe. That part has always worked well.

Yeah, I just tried on mine too...same thing. That's odd. I could have sworn it was tied into HSM.

@mike.maxwell is the panic button on the V2 tied into HSM? Is there any way that we might be able to get the panic button exposed in some way? A contact sensor or button press, anything really would be useful. Thanks!

1 Like

My Nyckelharpa app and associated keypad driver uses a contact sensor capability and an HSM rule triggering panic in all arm states including disarmed.

The OEM keypad driver sets a device state variable. No idea if this can be monitored, but here is the keypad device code
def panicState = state.panic ?: "inactive"
if (panicState == "inactive"){
siren()
} else {
off()
}
}

Have you updated the drivers to work with stock HSM or do you still have to use the whole app/drivers as a package?

It remains a standalone package. However the OEM DH source for the iris V3 was recently published by hubitat, so perhaps it will happen.

True...but I don't think their code for the V3 includes Panic, does it? I don't see a setting for it in the driver itself.

Doesn't appear to have a setting to turn panic monitoring on or off, but it does seem to monitor the panic key, setting a state variable that I mentioned in a prior post

Really? I'm going to have to take a closer look then because I have been trying to pull the panic button out as a button device since I got Hubitat.

You guys are going out of my range of expertise but please keep me posted if you can show me how to make it work sometime. :slight_smile:

We'll wait and see what mike comes back with about the built in driver for the panic button. It should do more than just start the sire on the keypad I would think.

The nyckelharpa app and keypad device handler set a device contact sensor on when panic pressed, it is easily monitored in HSM panic and defined in the nyckelharpa app documentation

1 Like

While developing the latest Nyckelharpa beta, I confirmed that when using Hubitat keypad drivers with HSM disarmed, the panic key only sounds the keypad's siren on the Iris V2 and V3 and fails to set a full HSM panic response. This feels like an HSM bug to me.

Nyckelharpa beta solves that issue with an app created child contact device and an HSM Panic rule, while using Hubitat's builtin keypad drivers with Lock Manager pins. Forced arming is also supported using the Hubitat Keypad drivers.

The app's Centalitex Keypad driver continues to be supported, and now has the option to use Lock Manager pins or the original Nyckelharpa User pin codes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.