Iris V2 Key Fob disappears--system arms while home

This is baffling. We were sitting at home eating dinner when Hubitat armed the system to "Away" and the mode changed to away also. Both the Iris V2 Keyfob I use and the one my wife uses were showing up on the dashboard as "Not Present." I disarmed using the phone app and set about trying to figure out why the keyfobs were not showing present even with us sitting here. I tried to use my keyfob to disarm, but I did not get the acknowledgement flash that normally shows when I press a button.

What compounds this is that I have been away twice so far, and the same thing happened. My wife's keyfob showed as "Not Present" and the system armed "Away." I was able to disarm it with the app. When I got home, I changed the battery after the second time to a fresh one even though the battery that was in there was still reading 75%.

The keyfobs have worked without problem for a long time and have not exhibited this behavior unless indeed a battery had gotten too low. For it to happen when it has a new battery is unacceptable. I would appreciate some assistance in figuring out what is going on and in figuring out how to prevent this behavior from happening again. My keyfobs have to function.

After a couple of minutes, the keyfobs showed up again. My wife's fob showed up without me doing anything. I had the battery out of mine when hers showed up. After I put the battery back in, mine showed up also.

I would appreciate any assistance available to resolve this so my keyfobs behave normally again.

Mine did the same thing, never armed but went not present, and then came back. The light stopped blinking from time to time, with button presses. Mine has been okay for the last month. Maybe it's a zigbee mesh issue?

I'm not sure if that is the case because the other home automation events using Zigbee are working okay (motion lights, for example).

I also have had this happen. In my case it has happened when a vehicle was moved to street parking, probably 35 feet from the normal parking slot in the driveway. It also will toggle between arrival and departure.

If the key fob were in the vehicle, it would make sense, but we were both sitting in the house.

Could that be key? Does the fob light usually come on when you're not in Hubitat range? Maybe they're starting to malfunction.

It would be possible for one to start malfunctioning. When it happens to both at the same time, it is less likely that it is the fobs failing. Once they showed back up, the flash was present again when I pressed a button.

I did reboot both hubs. Perhaps both of them needed to be rebooted since that had not been done since the 2.2.4.158 update.

I have my hub rebooting daily. Yesterday my V1 fob, while in the car parked within 30 feet of the hub, got into a arrival/departure routine that lasted for a couple of hours. A Smartthings arrival sensor located in the same vehicle has never acted like this.

Right, but that was a V1 fob. I am asking about a V2 fobs that were inside the house at the time. That is a different situation.

On my ST arrival sensor, when the same thing happened to me, I had to change the timeout in the driver from 'make a selection', to something definite. Maybe something similar?

1 Like

Presence of both fobs is set to 2 minutes. So far, since my reboot yesterday, they have not had any problems.

Except they are both Iris branded fobs acting up and at least in my case sitting beside a Smartthings fob that is acting normally.

Perhaps, but they are in reality, two entirely different fobs. They both carry the Iris name, but the underlying hardware/firmware is quite different.

Okay, time for an update. This has not happened since rebooting the hubs. That is not to say that it won't happen again, just that since rebooting, the fobs have not disconnected.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.