Iris V1 motion won't pair with C-8 Hub

I have an Iris V1 Motion sensor that has been working flawlessly with my C-5 hub for about 2.5 years. After migrating to the C-8 hub, I think it may have still been working although not entirely sure.

I noticed it was disconnected and attempted to re-pair. The hub identified it and I clicked thru to the device page to save it. But the device still wasn't connected. No events reported.

I re-booted the hub. Same result. I re-built the zigbee mesh. Same result. I removed the device from hubitat and reset it to factory default. Attempted to repair and the hub immediately sees the device but gets stuck during initialization. I tried moving the device closer to the hub (RIGHT next to it). Same result.

I'm stumped. I can't get it to pair. I DO have three other Iris V1 sensors that seem to be working ok. They are connected and reporting events.

Any other recommendations here? Or did my Iris V1 sensor die coincidentally around the time I started my new C-8 hub?

There are still a couple issues being ironed out with the zigbee and C-8 I believe, but a quick way to check the device is to re-pair it with the C-5 and see if it works.

I have two Iris V1 buttons that stopped working after I migrated to the C-8. I can't get them to pair with a C7 or a C5 now. I think maybe something in the latest firmware messed up the V1 devices.

I do have some V1 motion and contact sensors that migrated over and still seem to be working,

1 Like

There is a known issue w/pairing Iris v1 devices w/the C-8. A Hubitat user has sent HE staff an Iris v1 device, and a fix is expected in an upcoming hub FW release. Should be "soon" but exact date/timing is TBD.

EDIT: Unfortunately, updated info from HE staff is Iris v1 devices cannot be supported on the C8. They may come across in migration from a C7 to a C8 and continue to work, but they cannot be added to a C8 via device pairing.

5 Likes

Took several weeks off and re-tried pairing my Iris V1 zigbee device with the C8. Still not working for me...

Iris V1 devices are not compatible with the C-8 hub. Hubitat Support has indicated this will not change.

1 Like

The recent final response from HE staff is that Iris v1 devices can't be supported on a C8.

You can try migrating them to a C8 from a C7 or C5, I migrated mine and they came across okay from a C7. However if they fall off or have problems you cannot re-pair them to the C8.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.