Iris V1 Camera

Does the camera also have the capability to send an HTTP call when motion ends?

Ryan,
As far as I can tell, there is no motion end, and no motion end HTTP call. Motion just times out. There is a setting "event_interval" in the camera that sets the amount of time until motion can be detected again (in minutes).

So if you have a light that you want on only while motion is happening, I suppose you could set the "event_interval" for 1 minute, and set your light to shut off after 1.2 minutes unless another motion detect comes in (or something like that).

Or if your HTTP call needs to go somewhere other than the HE hub, you could have the HE hub make the call after a delay of 1.2 minutes if not postponed by another motion detect.

See the problem is your driver is set to turn off after 3 seconds. So, motion will go inactive after 3 seconds. So, you would want to do this with the driver:

def on() {
    sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "active")
    sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")
    unschedule()
    runIn(80, off)
}

note: assuming a 1 min timeout.

This would allow the motion to go Inactive after the camera stops detecting motion. You need the unschedule command otherwise it will still turn off after 80 seconds. The device can receive multiple On commands from the maker API even if it is already on. It doesn't have to be off. This would keep the motion sensor active as long as the camera detected motion.

I see. Thank you for that. I just went and found a driver that would work for me. I have an action that turns on a light for 5 minutes, so it didn't matter that the driver went back to off after 3 seconds in my case. I haven't tried setting the "event_interval" to 0. I will update my post.

By the way, my cameras sometimes drop off the WIFI and need to be restarted. I set up a driver that HTTP calls the camera that I have triggered every 2 minutes. The plan is to keep a global variable, and after 6 or so unsuccessful calls, it will cycle a smartplug to reboot the camera. Do you know of a "heartbeat" type driver or app for that kind of thing? I don't mind rolling my own, but there may be something out there with all the bugs ironed out already.

There is one for Raspberry Pi status. I'm sure it could be simplified to do what you are asking. But you'd need a RM rule to react to this device since devices can't interact with each other, only with themselves.

Is there a way to reboot the camera via HTTP call rather than pulling the power? Most will have a command somewhere in the menu's for "reboot". If you can find that, it would be easy to add into the virtual motion driver.

Yes, there is (/adm/reboot.cgi), but you have to be able to reach the camera. In this case, the camera has dropped off wifi completely.

DUH! Of course. And it doesn't automatically try to reconnect itself? Have you ever waited to see if it does?

Sometimes it does, sometimes not (at least not in the 30 minutes or so I waited). Even if it did eventually come back, a security camera that may or may not be online when it is needed is not much of a security camera.

I'm off to the store to buy a microsd card to see if the camera will record something and email it to me as the spec suggests. Not exactly HE integration, but enough for now. It is supposed to have FTP and SAMBA on it also, so I'll see if I can put the vids on another machine. I'll post my results here.

1 Like

Just a final note about the camera. With a microSD in place, the camera will take a 10 second video for each motion detected and place it on the memory card. It will also email it to you if you have an email server that has low authentication standards.

The camera seems to have no problem sending to a linux based Samba server (I was able to write to a Raspberry Pi running HassOS and Samba) . I have yet to make a Samba transfer to a Windows (10 or 8) Samba server. It would give an authentication failure, or simply failure to write.

That's all I have to say about that.