Iris Motion V3 iL07_1 humidity reporting frequency , errant device?

The jury is still out on battery life but the new HE features allowing setting less frequent reporting bode well for stretching out the battery life. So far these sensors have worked well for me indoor and in protected outdoor set ups.

This guy is where many have bought Iris surplus:

Myself as well. Out of the 20 or so devices I purchased, only 1 had an issue, and they promptly replaced it, zero hassle, and he will accept some lower offers

I realize this is an old thread. Is there any chance that the developers would include the ability to adjust humidity offset on the generic Zigbee motion/humidity driver?

I know there is a community driver out there for the Iris v3 motion sensors that allows this functionality, but the polling period for the humidity isn't quick enough to turn my bathroom fan on.

The generic motion/humidity driver does great for catching the humidity increase rapidly, but if the sensor's humidity reading is off there isn't a built in way to adjust that.

I know I could setup a virtual humidity sensor for the adjustment, but I wondered if life could be made easier by including the functionality in the generic driver?

Thanks in advance for reviewing!

Actually, this brings up an interesting point. Maybe somewhere we should have a big honkin table where we keep a list of all devices (beyond the HE Compatibility list) and some star/grade system on various common features.

I guess the problem with that is managing the consistency of ranking and keeping up with all the versions...but it would be helpful not to have to search the depth of threads & posts to discover what the "community experience" is with ABC Device with respect to it's:

a) radio (staying paired),
b) parameter #1 accuracy & responsiveness (and/or reporting)
c) parameter #2 accuracy & responsiveness (and/or reporting)
d) parameter x......etc.
e) battery life

I know some of this "depends on where, what, and how" these devices are used/placed and maybe the driver being used...but I think coming to some common ground to tallying the experiences on would offer a slightly better perspective than the time weighing some # of posts.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.