Iris Motion Sensor 3326-L and Google Home

When I am trying to bring that motion sensor from Hubitat into my Google Home environment, it keeps getting removed from the Google Home list. It does say “If a device isn’t compatible with Google Home it will be removed from this list.”

I was able to bring those same devices into Google Home from SmartThings without any issues. So why can’t I bring that device in from Hubitat? I really like the ability to query the temperature of a room where that sensor is located.

I just found this out as well...

The HE google home integration doesn't support motion sensors or contact sensors.
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Google_Home

However, there is a Community Provided Google Home Integration that does:

If you would like to use "unsupported" devices, the community integration supports a wider range of devices: [Alpha] Community-maintained Google Home integration

The implementation of the Hubitat Google Home integration setup is confusing and doesn't make it clear enough that such common devices like motion and contact sensore aren't supported. Hopefully they will fix that in a future release.

Thread here where I asked that same question just a few days ago...

I know Hubitat has been spending some effort on improving the Amazon Echo Skill for Hubitat. It now supports thermostats and temperature sensors. And I believe more improvements/features are also on the way. (Note: it already supported motion and contact sensors which are really awesome to use as Amazon Alexa Routine triggers.)

I think I recall @bcopeland mentioning that the Google Home integration will also be receiving some attention...but I don't know what is planned or when. Perhaps Bryan will chime in and share what he feels is appropriate?

3 Likes